Happy Anni

Delacroix

Happy Anni
« on: 13 Sep 2009, 02:18 pm »
No, not an announcement of my gaining new Annis (I wish), but a thank you to all for joining in - we're one year old today! 2000+posts, 150 topics, 125,000 views and who knows how many posters. I appreciate this forum and the constructive manner in which the majority of people engage with each other. Here's to year two...... :beer:

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
Re: Happy Anni
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2009, 02:27 pm »
Hello Delacroix,

Thank you too for all your effort making this possible.

30 years AvS and 1 year AC-VSA.

Let's go on.

Cor
« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2009, 08:01 pm by ceedee »

JackD201

« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2009, 03:09 pm »
Many thanks to Delacroix for taking the initiative and JohnR for letting us play here  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2009, 06:42 pm »
Thanks Delacroix for providing a stump for all us crazy a'philes to wax eloquent...or perhaps more accurately, bloviate :thumb:

bentknee

« Reply #4 on: 14 Sep 2009, 03:37 am »
  As one of the charter members I am amazed at the growth and continued quality of the circle. I hope that we can become a true model for internet forums in great information and fellowship.
  Delacroix and all those who have joined in the fun of this forum I say :thumb:

Bless you all, Bob

SundayNiagara

« Reply #5 on: 14 Sep 2009, 08:19 pm »
I've been an admirer of VS speakers for many years, but wish there were more people posting.

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 14 Sep 2009, 09:03 pm »
Sorry but I don't understand the connection between admiration for VSA speakers and the level of activity here on the board.  Not trying to be a jerk, I just find your post confusing.

htradtk

« Reply #7 on: 14 Sep 2009, 11:09 pm »
Greetings!

Happy Anni indeed! Great forum, Great people and most of all
Great Friendships!!

Henry

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 14 Sep 2009, 11:28 pm »
What Henry said :thumb:

keith

« Reply #9 on: 16 Sep 2009, 12:28 am »
Happy Anniversary indeed!  Congratulations guys.  :beer:

SundayNiagara

« Reply #10 on: 16 Sep 2009, 02:05 am »
Sorry but I don't understand the connection between admiration for VSA speakers and the level of activity here on the board.  Not trying to be a jerk, I just find your post confusing.

I enjoy reading this forum and am glad it's here.  However, I do wish this place was busier than what it is.

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #11 on: 16 Sep 2009, 02:07 am »
Tell us a little about your system.  Are you a VSA owner?

JackD201

« Reply #12 on: 16 Sep 2009, 02:42 am »
I do believe Sunday is a happy VR-4SR owner Gavin :)

The problem with VSA owners who I've been keeping tabs of in our Philippine forum wiredstate.com is that before they got their VSAs they were heavy posters and shortly after they got them and matched 'em up with gear they found their synergies with, their activity decreased rather dramatically! Our own TubeNewbie from Canada, randybarba and dante who are also members here at AC are examples. According to them they spend their spare time more for listening to music now than logging on.  :lol: Not a surprise since most people use the forums as resources while folks like Cor, JackB, Scott and myself try to provide that resource. Same goes for other active members in other circles like chairguy, wayner, bpape, JoshK and many others.

Hey that's a good thing right?

I know at least 10 VSA owners here in the Philippines that lurk here. I know because we talk about the threads when we see each other. Also when they need advice normally they just call me directly as friend first and client second.

Any forum has way more lurkers than regular posters. Some are shy/private while most feel that topics have been covered and feel that there isn't much more to add. Same goes for me. If say Cor or Scott have already answered the question then I normally just sit back and lurk myself.
Being certified in the US for design and construction of critical listening environments (among other things) I sometimes chime in at the Acoustics Circle. Normally though the answers come quickly there so again I opt to just observe unless there are things that I find might have not been covered yet.

I do wish regular lurkers would post more often but that is something we can only encourage by providing an open and friendly atmosphere. After all that's what AC and this circle is all about  :thumb:

Peace all :)

SundayNiagara

« Reply #13 on: 16 Sep 2009, 10:48 am »
Tell us a little about your system.  Are you a VSA owner?

I don't own them, but have been an admirer for years, as I worked in a store that sold them.  I just wish there were more people posting here.

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #14 on: 16 Sep 2009, 03:09 pm »
Jack says that many VSA owners once up and running tend to spend more time listening than typing.  I can see how that does and should happen with these speakers.  I've got a synergy right now that I never dreamed of owning yet find myself preoccupied with cable upgrades; something I would have sworn to never get caught up in.  After an extended listening session last night I must confess that it's getting harder to imagine how the sound could ever be improved upon.

McTwins

« Reply #15 on: 17 Sep 2009, 08:51 am »
Hi
Has it allready be gone two years. :icon_surprised:
Mostly of my time is spend on renovating my upstair second floor in my house. It's been an long project where the the main fokus has been a dedicated listening room. More info on that later.
Thanks

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #16 on: 17 Sep 2009, 01:56 pm »
Are you saying you are going to abandon the room that's pictured in your gallery?  Not sure how you could improve on what you already have  :thumb:

Dimfer

« Reply #17 on: 22 Sep 2009, 06:17 pm »

Cheers  :beer:

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #18 on: 22 Sep 2009, 07:08 pm »
So where's the other cake with your 2nd channel? :lol: :lol: :lol:

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #19 on: 23 Sep 2009, 03:18 pm »
Stereo high five at a high tea? :lol:

It looks very tasty.