vr 7se speakers

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Re: vr 7se speakers
« Reply #20 on: 13 Mar 2009, 01:02 pm »
Hey Jack,

Long time no post.  Thought you may have been kidnapped by a Bose rep or worse.  Regarding the woofers on the 77s, I could swear that Albert said they were 11".  I can't find the message from him but I think that's what he said.  No biggy...what's an extra inch got to do with anything? aa

Regards,

Gavin

JackD201

« Reply #21 on: 14 Mar 2009, 12:02 am »
Hey Gavin, a good day to you too matey!

In asia we don't count the surrounds, just the cone diameter  :o Then again we're supposed to be metric but use english  :lol:  Nope no Bose rep can get past my security detail which consists of a 4 goldfish and a hamster. I'm in Hawaii now taking a breather hence my silence  :thumb:

violetmachan

« Reply #22 on: 14 Mar 2009, 05:13 pm »
hello jack
thanks for the spec for the vr 77.....was hoping it was going to be a compact (compared to the size of the Vr 7se) powered subwoofer speaker package.....well good it has the bass ports directed in front....useful in many room settings......any pics!
As for the tenors preamps......set to be in the final stages of production.....probably may see the final version in the munich hifi show......said to come into production not earlier than the end of the second quarter of this year......so hopefully by middle july
how`s your system doing...any changes......are you staying with the Vr 9se/lamms........are the emmlabs coming out with a new single player?
cheers for now
VM

JackD201

« Reply #23 on: 14 Mar 2009, 11:12 pm »
Hi VM,

Yup, I'm sticking to the 9SEs and M2.2s. I swapped out the stock 6922s on the Lamms with Mullard CV2492s and BOY did it float my boat. I'm so happy right now that amp changes aren't in my foreseeable future. I'm also having tons of fun with the Unifield 3s in an all tube Lamm system that's had major tube rolling upgrades fed with an Accuphase DP-700. Really sweet player in the same ballpark figure as the CDSA and overall just as satisfying. They're a tad sweeter and warmer but also a tad down on dynamics and percussive impact. Deciding between the two would be a matter of taste more than anything else. I wanted something different so I went for the Accuphase for the second system. I haven't been following digital goings on lately mainly because I'm more into vinyl in the first place. The local Emm dealer gives me regular updates on what goes on in his store so I normally just wait for the word from him. No word yet.

When I talk to Albert I'll bring up the topic of a "Compact" 7. You know how the guy just loves to design more than anything. Come to think of it a slim 48"+ tower with a powered 10" or 12" would be a VERY tempting proposition indeed! A VR-9 for medium sized rooms. Yeah. I LIKE the idea!

Good news on your preamp. I'm 100% positive that you're in for a heck of a treat when they get to you.  aa

JackD

fplanner2000

« Reply #24 on: 15 Mar 2009, 06:18 pm »
My info on the 77's is that it is set to be the replacement for the VR-7se, at close to or at the 7's price point, but with a, less massive profile.  Although not a dealer, I did talk to Albert about this the other day at length.  I guess we really won't know for sure until the speaker actually comes out - I believe they are working on the final design touches.