Any interest in Von Schweikert speakers?

JackD201

Re: Any interest in Von Schweikert speakers?
« Reply #120 on: 16 Sep 2008, 04:35 pm »
Hi Woodshed,

Joe Mounyvong should be able to help you with that. support@vonschweikert.com

For a more technical briefing try contacting Damon Von Schweikert. damon@vonschweikert.com

:)

Jack

disco

• Industry Participant
    • Supra HiFi
« Reply #121 on: 17 Sep 2008, 06:31 pm »
I am lucky to own the VR9SEs.

Here are the VR9SEs with an ASR amp we are now using.

We also have a pair of the Unifield 3s.

Scott
Advanced HT

DARTH AUDIO

« Reply #122 on: 17 Sep 2008, 08:26 pm »
When will the VR-4jr Anniversary model hit the market? The last answer I got was the end of summer? Is there a date for their release?

Thanks,

Gary

disco

• Industry Participant
    • Supra HiFi
« Reply #123 on: 17 Sep 2008, 08:40 pm »
Gary,

I was talking to Albert last night and is sounded like we are 1-2 months away from getting the VR4JR Anniversary.

Scott
Advanced HT

DARTH AUDIO

« Reply #124 on: 17 Sep 2008, 09:52 pm »
Scott, thanks for the info.

hi5harry

« Reply #125 on: 18 Sep 2008, 03:45 am »

Don't forget about us "old school" Von Schweikert owners
« Last Edit: 16 Dec 2008, 06:54 am by hi5harry »

Delacroix

« Reply #126 on: 18 Sep 2008, 04:05 am »
We're working on the image....meanwhile:
http://www.audiocircle.com/image.php?id=13671

hi5harry

« Reply #127 on: 18 Sep 2008, 04:15 am »
Thanks Delacroix

Rutgar

« Reply #128 on: 18 Sep 2008, 01:30 pm »
Hi All,

Here are some pictures of my VR-4SR's (soon to be Unifield 3's):

« Last Edit: 4 Oct 2008, 12:16 pm by Rutgar »

keith

« Reply #129 on: 19 Sep 2008, 08:16 am »
Great setup Rutgar!!!   :thumb: 

fplanner2000

« Reply #130 on: 5 Oct 2008, 04:30 am »
At Albert's urging, I am here.  I have a pair of VR-7SE's about 8 mos old and was getting the itch for a pair of 9's, feeling I was missing out on a bunch of bass.  To his credit, Albert pointed out to me that the solution was right under my nose in the form of a Velodyne DD-15 that I have in a corner but that I only use for movies.  I hooked the sub into the 2-channel system using Monster Cable (it was handy), updated the software and turned it on. My connections may/may not be correct, but........

To say that the sound changed for the better is an understatement - if I had to guess I'd say a 50% improvement.  I'm pretty astonished, although from a sonic perspective, it all makes sense.  Thankfully, the Velodyne is very fast and clean and without any adjustments from me at all (haven't re-figured out the whole onscreen interface equalizer thing yet) I have remarkably better sound.  I have some upgraded sub cabling on its way, hopefully to arrive before Friday.  Albert has graciously offered to come over the first nite of RMAF with his magic tuning gizmos and friends to tune my 7's with the sub to my room.  There will be lots of music played, wine imbibed, opinions shared, and a good time for all.

I am now just STARTING to hear what my speakers are capable of - its like I have new speakers(9's!) - I started playing a few bass-heavy CD's with the doors and windows open and my neighbors now also know that my system took a quantum leap forward(I'll definitely be more considerate in the future - I was just really excited) .   

SO, my message to VR-7SE owners - if you are not currently using a good sub, you are not really hearing what your speakers can do.  I have heard the 9's and no longer have the itch, as it has been "scratched" so to speak, by the subwoofer addition to my 7's!

BTW, system includes VAC Phi 300.1 amp, VAC Phi 2.0 preamp, Esoteric UX-1p1(upgrade from UX-1), Esoteric G-os clock, all Synergistic cabling.(will be DAC-hunting at RMAF)

jimdgoulding

« Reply #131 on: 12 Oct 2008, 09:05 pm »
Saw VS's new website last nite.  Wow!  They are definitely moving uptown and have my admiration and best wishes. 
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2008, 10:33 pm by jimdgoulding »