electronic music and tubes??

RawB8figure

electronic music and tubes??
« on: 18 Jul 2007, 01:30 am »
I was wondering what the i84 sounds like with electronic music being played on it.

Zero

Re: electronic music and tubes??
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jul 2007, 01:44 am »
When matched with my 8 ohm, 88db sensitive speakers (in a small room, mind you), the i84 provided extremely full and hard hitting bass that made for a true delight when listening to electronic mu-zak.  Faithless, Hybrid, Dj Tiesto, Lemon Jelly, Chicane, ATB, Sphongle, Daft Punk, etc -  all hit with hard and deep.

« Last Edit: 18 Jul 2007, 04:00 am by A6M-ZERO »

JoshK

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jul 2007, 02:57 am »
SET Man is an electronica lover and he uses SETs...I would have to say that Vista's EL84 integrated we heard had plenty of umph even on not-so-sensitive speakers.  A lot would depend on your room size, average listening levels, how far back you listen, sensitivity of your speakers, etc.   Tubes can do bass...maybe they aren't plumbing the depths, but they can thump your chest (really mid-bass area), but if you want pipe organ at full scale you should be using seperately amped subs anyway.

SET Man

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jul 2007, 04:55 am »
SET Man is an electronica lover and he uses SETs...I would have to say that Vista's EL84 integrated we heard had plenty of umph even on not-so-sensitive speakers.  A lot would depend on your room size, average listening levels, how far back you listen, sensitivity of your speakers, etc.   Tubes can do bass...maybe they aren't plumbing the depths, but they can thump your chest (really mid-bass area), but if you want pipe organ at full scale you should be using seperately amped subs anyway.

Hey!

Yup, most people will think the opposite when they learned that I have 18w/ch SET and 6" Single Driver. Yeah, most of them think I'm listening to nothing but a girl with a acoustic guitar type music. :lol: Although I do have some and it sound sublime  :drool:

Above is my system. Well, part of it.  The the one and only "The Ruler" lonewolfny42/Chris to give some scale. The black amp in the front belong to lonewolfny42/Chris.

Anyway, regarding the Audio Vista amps. I've heard them a few time. Once in my own system, it was a little PSE 5 watter amp. It was pretty good actually. Surprising I must say :D And I've heard the i84 with a small pair of Green Mountain's Europa and they sound very good.  So, with that I have no doubt that the i84 of which is a PP amp higher power at 15 watts will do bass pretty well and with that sound only tube can provide... of course with the right speaker. :wink:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #4 on: 18 Jul 2007, 05:05 am »
As the above photo shows...the i84 may not be the biggest amp out there....but it sure sounds a lot bigger than it looks...its a nice amp...good job Boris !! :beer:

SET Man

« Reply #5 on: 18 Jul 2007, 05:13 am »
As the above photo shows...the i84 may not be the biggest amp out there....but it sure sounds a lot bigger than it looks...its a nice amp...good job Boris !! :beer:

Hey!

Chris, actually the Vista amp in above picture that we've heard at my place was the P6 of which is a 5w/ch with PCL82 tubes in paralleled SE mode. :D

Yup, it was a good little 5 watters especially at the price he was asking for.  :thumb:

Take care,

lonewolfny42

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jul 2007, 05:32 am »
..... :duh:....Your right Buddy....I heard the i84 at Mike's/toprounds...upstairs. But that P6 sounded good on your speakers....it was impressive. 8)

RawB8figure

« Reply #7 on: 18 Jul 2007, 05:37 am »
holy crap that amp is huge. Do you mind if I ask what something like that costs. Well I think I will give the i84 a try. Thanks for the input. I will be runnin 2 SI's and 1 audie with a bash300

Thanks,

lonewolfny42

« Reply #8 on: 18 Jul 2007, 05:48 am »
holy crap that amp is huge. Do you mind if I ask what something like that costs.
Not only huge....but very heavy... :?
Its the KR Audio Antares VA320....$5175.00 list. Wanna get close to the same sound...try one of Boris' amps. You'll save some money... 8)

RawB8figure

« Reply #9 on: 18 Jul 2007, 05:51 am »
ya but the big one will impress the ladies.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #10 on: 18 Jul 2007, 05:53 am »
And it keeps the house warm in the winter..... :lol:

Audiovista

« Reply #11 on: 18 Jul 2007, 03:25 pm »

If they only put some windows on the tube covers so people could enjoy the tube glow...... cheaper than a new fireplace and a lot better sounding  :thumb:

vizion

« Reply #12 on: 18 Jul 2007, 09:42 pm »
I have a Vista Audio i84. It has incredible bass. Not content, I added on a custom-built balanced power unit with hardwired cables. The bass is now thundering when it needs to be. My single drivers are DCA5's from Dave Merrill.

Audiovista

« Reply #13 on: 18 Jul 2007, 10:40 pm »
Hi and welcome to AC and Vista-Audio circle! I'm very pleased that you like the i84 enough to make this your first post.  :thumb:

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Best,
Boris

Bemopti123

« Reply #14 on: 19 Jul 2007, 11:20 am »

Does it come to "size does matter" for the ladies?  I can already hear some ladies say "Oh, its soooo big." 

Ah, I am disappointed. :thumb:

JoshK

« Reply #15 on: 19 Jul 2007, 01:19 pm »
Its all about the girth of your anode.  :wink:

SET Man

« Reply #16 on: 19 Jul 2007, 04:35 pm »

Hey!

Or a sauna/steam room in a hot and humid Summer days :lol:

:lol:

Take care,

Audiovista

« Reply #17 on: 19 Jul 2007, 05:40 pm »

:rotflmao:

Let's hand roll some anodes:

http://www.hpfriedrichs.com/bks-ioa-gallery2.htm

RawB8figure

« Reply #18 on: 19 Jul 2007, 09:42 pm »
ok I cant seem to find speaker wire. I'am looking for something not too expensive but desent quality for my set up. any recommendations

vizion

« Reply #19 on: 19 Jul 2007, 11:24 pm »
google jinsanity life cables. That's what i use. They're great. I had mine custom made though 11ga braided. From what I can hear, LF/HF extends real well.