Nvidia Shield & Khardas ToneBoard DAC

annamarykahn

Nvidia Shield & Khardas ToneBoard DAC
« on: 27 May 2020, 03:00 am »
Just a little FYI ...

I just received a Khardas ToneBoard & wanted to let others know that it works with a Nvidia Shield :-)

I was using a HDMI audio extractor to get 2 channel audio to drive a stereo ... haven't yet made any comparisons between the two.

Has anyone else used a DAC with their Shield?

ginetto61

Re: Nvidia Shield & Khardas ToneBoard DAC
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jul 2020, 01:22 pm »
Just a little FYI ...  I just received a Khardas ToneBoard & wanted to let others know that it works with a Nvidia Shield :-)

Hi ! i have a nvidia shield 1st generation (i see p2571 on the bottom of the unit).  I cannot even complete the installation process. 
It does not accept my gmail credentials ... very very weird ...  :scratch:
I bought it years ago and never opened.  Do you have the same model number ? is on the bottom difficult to read ...

I was using a HDMI audio extractor to get 2 channel audio to drive a stereo ... haven't yet made any comparisons between the two.
Has anyone else used a DAC with their Shield? 
not yet with the shield ... but with another Himedia android tv box i was able to use a usb to spdif converter (Gustard U12) and then to feed a dac and the resulting sound was quite good. 
The dac was an apogee rosetta 200 with an internal reclocking system i think.
I do not know if it is possible but i would try the usb to spdif conversion route ... i have also a Melodious unit to try out but i cannot even finish the installation process  :duh: