Golden Cherry vs MEGAschino MK2 vs other Cherry Amps

NICKTENN

Re: Golden Cherry vs MEGAschino MK2 vs other Cherry Amps
« Reply #20 on: 14 Aug 2020, 03:53 am »
Can you leave your preamp on all the time?

I guess I could, but I think I’ll just follow your recommendation of Amps: first off, last on, when I turn the system on in the morning and off in the evening (so leaving the pre-amp on all day too). 

*Edit*
Or do you think daily on/off of the amps is a bit excessive? Just looked up my marantz pre-amp (7702mkii) and it’s 60w when on, a bit higher than I was expecting. If I leave the amps on 24/7 and just turn the pre-amp on and off when necessary (it doesn’t seem to produce any noise when turning on and off), does that add any extra wear on the amps?

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #21 on: 14 Aug 2020, 10:50 am »
Hey Tommy you have a couple of typos in the first paragraph above...can you clarify the turn off and on procedure that you recommmend?  Above you say Amp twice and I'm guessing you meant to say Pre Amp. Though I think I have it with first off, last on.
Please indicate the typos.  Thanks.

NICKTENN

« Reply #22 on: 14 Aug 2020, 12:28 pm »
...Of course, if you're using a preamp and to turn it off between listening sessions, you are better off turning the amps off before turning the amps off....

I think he was referring to this sentence.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #23 on: 14 Aug 2020, 05:02 pm »
I think he was referring to this sentence.

Oh geez....  It should be "....you are better off turning the source off before turning the amps off...."

I fixed the original post.