Demo Opportunities

BlueVelcro

Demo Opportunities
« on: 23 Jan 2023, 12:30 am »
Hello,

I’ve been reading about Daedalus for a while and am now in a position to upgrade my speakers. I am particularly interested in the Apollos or the Apollo 11s. I was hoping to make it out to one of the shows last year but unfortunately wasn’t able to make it. Does anyone have ideas of how I might get a chance to hear them before I make the leap without waiting until the show in June? I have seen on some of the other speaker forums that there are current owners who are willing to show off their setups. I feel odd asking but I figure it’s worth a shot.

I live in Houston, TX but am willing to travel and travel often for work so there’s a non-zero chance I’d be nearby at some point anyway.

Thanks all,

Alex

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
Re: Demo Opportunities
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2023, 05:38 pm »
I would reach out to Lou at Daedalus directly if he doesn't get back here.  He knows where his speakers are and who is willing to possibly let you hear them.

Also if you travel to Seattle book some time and Lou might help you get to his shop just north of the big city.  I will note it is a shop with a listening space set up.  The space isn't like being in a home but you can probably here what's going on.

Alan

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2023, 10:40 pm »
Alex,

I tried to PM you just now, but you're too new to receive PMs. If you could post a couple more times, I believe you ought to be able to receive PMs. I own a pair of Apollos that you could listen to if you get to Oregon.

Michael

BlueVelcro

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2023, 12:33 am »
Thanks, both. Looks like a should be able to receive PMs after three posts so hopefully this one will do it.  I emailed Lou directly last week but hadn't heard back yet. Trying to be patient, but I figured there was no harm in asking both ways.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2023, 01:45 am »
I'm in Columbia MO and have a pair of Apollo 11s with a pair of BOWs. Let me know if you get to STL or KC. I'm just 2 hours from either airport.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jan 2023, 06:35 pm »
Thanks, both. Looks like a should be able to receive PMs after three posts so hopefully this one will do it.  I emailed Lou directly last week but hadn't heard back yet. Trying to be patient, but I figured there was no harm in asking both ways.
Hi Alex, I did reply last week, probably stuck in junk mail purgatory....
You could fly up to Bellingham and audition here at the shop or come to the Pacific Audio Fest in June? I had stopped taking orders while we caught up but am now open to taking a few orders for the year.
Basically like everyone else I can’t find decent labor, I just have a couple part time assistants now but at least I don’t compromise the quality.

Feel free to call me and we can talk about what speaker may work best for you if any.

thanks much,
Lou

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #6 on: 24 Jan 2023, 06:36 pm »
Thanks Laura, Al, and Michael, for the kind offer to Alex for a demo!! :thumb:
You guys are the best! :D

dodgealum

« Reply #7 on: 25 Jan 2023, 12:16 am »
Hi Alex: I left you a PM but maybe it was too early to receive it. I'd also be happy to help. I have the Apollo's set up with LTA amplification here in NW NJ about an hour from Newark Liberty if you are ever out this way. Happy to help!

BlueVelcro

« Reply #8 on: 25 Jan 2023, 04:22 am »
Thanks, everyone. And thanks, Lou. I will give you a call to discuss. I’m sure I’ll make it to one of these locations before too long.

advanced101

« Reply #9 on: 27 Jan 2023, 05:11 pm »
Im in the south suburb of Houston but I have the Zeus. Not exactly what you are looking for but could give a feel for the brand.

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #10 on: 1 Feb 2023, 03:11 am »
Alex

I live in the New Orleans area

You would be most welcome to hear my Apollo 11’s

Tom

BlueVelcro

« Reply #11 on: 2 Feb 2023, 03:09 am »
Tom, I will almost certainly take you up on hearing the Apollo 11s.

Advanced101, I may take you up on hearing the Zeus as well. I’m unlikely to get the Zeus but wouldn’t pass up the opportunity to hear them when they are so close, especially if I can’t get to New Orleans soon.

Thanks, everyone!

audiotom

• for everything music
« Reply #12 on: 14 Feb 2023, 04:54 am »
Alex

Sorry I don’t check in here often enough

Would be a treat to demo the Apollo 11s for you

Tom

rbbert

« Reply #13 on: 14 Feb 2023, 02:33 pm »
Sometime later this spring (when some remodeling is done and I can get a bunch of cr__ out of my listening room.).  I am in Reno.  Just FYI, though, no tube amps here (although you could certainly bring your own).  Both Ulysses v.3 and Apollo 11 v.2.

advanced101

« Reply #14 on: 10 Mar 2023, 10:35 pm »
OP came over and demo’d my Zeus.  I texted him and he mentioned he placed an order for the Apollo 11s.

I asked him to write something up for the forum, especially since he demoed some other highly regarded speakers.

audiotom

• for everything music
« Reply #15 on: 20 Mar 2023, 02:50 am »
Well done Blue Velcro

Advanced - wonderful to host him

Can’t wait to hear the insights and comparisons

I was able to hear both the Zeus Apollo and Apollo 11 in Ferndale (Paradise west) at Lou’s shop
You get a good grasp of the Apollo 11 from the hall filling Zeus

Bravo

rgottschalk

« Reply #16 on: 17 Apr 2023, 11:35 pm »
I live north of Chicago.  I have a pair of Apollos that if you want to demo let me know.