Back at it now.....

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
Back at it now.....
« on: 22 Apr 2004, 02:40 pm »
Hello!

Still a busy and difficult time here but I have caught up on e-mails and am back doing things again. Bit behind though......

I have had a few delivery snags turn up - the worst of which is OCC copper wire. S&B was making a batch when I left for the UK and it turns out they ran out of OCC copper magnet wire just a few trannies into the bacth. This was a surprise as I'd thought I had a lifetime supply of that stuff! Then Neotech (who I get the wire from) were away for a week so I am just now getting a handle on the wire delivery - which looks like about 3 to 4 weeks. That puts the next batch of copper OCC trannies 4 weeks or so from now. These are trannies I had planned for delivery from S&B a month ago! Just about the last thing that I wanted right now. Very sorry for those waiting for delivery to have this delay things even further - I hate making folks wait for stuff! We can make trannies with standard wire anytime and they are fine sounding so if you are in a hurry don't hesitate to e-mail and I'll get them made up.

More wire news (but better this time) is that I finally have silver wire to S&B and they are starting a batch of silver TX102's now. This will be the first MK III batch of silvers so it'll be fun to compare to MK III copper. I'll have them here in a week and a bit from now so finally will be able to take care of the orders for silver.

This special wire is going to drive me insane......

I will place an additional couple posts today about MK III version details and also 10K RIAA's.

Thansk!

John Chapman
www.bentaudio.com

melville

Back at it now.....
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2004, 06:24 pm »
Welcome back, John!

Doc Jr 8156

Back at it now.....
« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2004, 07:07 pm »
John,
Glad to hear you are back, alive and kicking!  More power to your business, as alwaus.

andrew

Back at it now.....
« Reply #3 on: 1 May 2004, 09:28 pm »
-- Hi John,

Good to see you back....

What's the latest ETA for the new batch of TX102s? I certainly don't mind waiting but its nice to keep an approx date in mind....helps me plan the finances etc...

many thanks,

John Chapman

• Facilitator
Back at it now.....
« Reply #4 on: 2 May 2004, 03:06 am »
Hello!

Wire (the holdup) is due at S&B in 3 weeks time - hopfully a bit sooner. Last wire order the shipped ahead of the est delivery but I don't tknow if that is typical - I hope so! I am expecting to see tx102's here in 3 to 4 weeks from now.

Very sorry for the delays. I am making sure I have good stock of all other parts and once the tx102's are here we'll be ready to go!

I will post updates here as I find out more info.

Thansk!

John

dougdeacon

Back at it now.....
« Reply #5 on: 3 May 2004, 05:29 pm »
John,

Welcome back, we missed you.

Sad to read about the wire holdup, bummer for anyone waiting for a tranny.

OTOH doesn't that give you more time to work on the NYL?!    :wink:

John Chapman

• Facilitator
Back at it now.....
« Reply #6 on: 3 May 2004, 07:47 pm »
Hello!

I wish i had more time to work on anything but family matters are still consuming most of my days... So much so that I have begun speaking to a few other fellows about taking over the NYL project as I feel bad more progress is not being made. I can see it will be a while before I'd get to completing it.....

I will post as soon as I pin down who will be looking after it.

Thansk!

John