Odyssey Audio question

AzTunes

Odyssey Audio question
« on: 10 Oct 2019, 02:34 am »
Hi all, I’m new to this forum and have a question. Does anyone have experience integrating a Odyssey Audio Khartago monoblock / Candella setup with a pair of Focal Aria 926 towers?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Odyssey Audio question
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2019, 02:37 am »
Welcome Aztunes :thumb:
I will move this topic to Odyssey Circle where you will get more help.
« Last Edit: 10 Oct 2019, 09:25 am by FullRangeMan »

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2019, 03:43 am »
Welcome!

Wind Chaser

« Reply #3 on: 10 Oct 2019, 04:40 am »
Welcome to Audio Circle!  :thumb:

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2019, 12:44 am »
Welcome!
While I cannot answer your question exactly I can say my Stratos extreme and Aretha tube preamp works well with my Aria 948's.

I think that the  Khartago monoblock / Candella  should work well with your Focals. When you communicate with Klaus about the equipment make sure he knows the specs for your speakers.

Keep us updated please!

All the best,
Bob
« Last Edit: 11 Oct 2019, 11:56 pm by Bob2 »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2019, 12:55 am »
When you communicate with Klaus about the equipment make sure he knows the specs for your speakers.
Also for us, but this has not been informed.

MONKEYWICKEDMONKEY

« Reply #6 on: 11 Oct 2019, 04:14 pm »
Hi all, I’m new to this forum and have a question. Does anyone have experience integrating a Odyssey Audio Khartago monoblock / Candella setup with a pair of Focal Aria 926 towers?

I run a stereo Khartago with Focal 807v's. Sounds great. I'll be upgrading speakers next year but the Focals sing with good heaps on power.

AzTunes

« Reply #7 on: 11 Oct 2019, 04:55 pm »
All, thanks for your responses. I have another question: do you have a cable preference? I’m currently using Blue Jean Audio’s Belden 5T00UP 10AWG’s...

MONKEYWICKEDMONKEY

« Reply #8 on: 11 Oct 2019, 08:28 pm »
All, thanks for your responses. I have another question: do you have a cable preference? I’m currently using Blue Jean Audio’s Belden 5T00UP 10AWG’s...

I’m running Morrow SP4’s. Really want to try out some Gronebergs.

hi_watt

« Reply #9 on: 11 Oct 2019, 10:02 pm »
For the speakers: Kimber Cable 4TC (which I need to upgrade) to Revel Performa 3 F206. I'm currently using DH Labs Air Matrix between the preamp and mono Khartagos, and DH Labs BL-1 series II between turntable, phonopreamp, and preamp.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #10 on: 14 Oct 2019, 10:51 am »
Focal drivers in their range,  tonality, and dynamics are in general a really, really good match with our amps,  as are all of their models...we have probably over 30 Focal owners as our customers as well,  and the feedback so far has been  exceptional........personally I haven't heard the 926's with our amps yet,  but it should be very good........