Does anybody know a good powder coating shop in the area?

jrebman

Preferably closer to Boulder?

The new output transformers I got came with nicely finished, but BLUE, bells.  The company shipped me another set in a light gray, but I'm sorry, I'm not putting blue or light gray on a base made of highly figured Koa with a burgundy red top plate.  Black is what I want.

Also, does anybody know if it is possible to powdercoat over powdercoat, or do you have to take it to bare metal and start over?  Maybe a high temperature epoxy paint is a better alternative -- but where to get that done?

Thanks,

Jim

Photon46

Re: Does anybody know a good powder coating shop in the area?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Feb 2008, 02:03 am »
It's been my experience that many shops that can do a good powder coating job can also handle industrial paint applications as well. The shops that have handled finish work for me often have commented that an epoxy finish is superior to powder coating for many jobs, so I'd look into that option also. Sorry I can't help with a suggestion for a shop, I'm in Florida.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #2 on: 7 Feb 2008, 02:13 am »
Maybe PM Wayne Waananen or Mike Galusha, both Colorado boys who might have a local answer for ya. I personally love power coating, had my Dodge Magnum mesh grille power coated from an online service in Florida.  :D

Cheers,
Robin

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 7 Feb 2008, 03:26 am »
Jim,

To powdercoat the bells, they will need to be sandblasted to bare metal. You'd have to take the bells off, which I wouldn't want to do... To paint them, they could just be quickly sanded and sprayed with a topcoat. An auto body shop is probably your best bet, but expensive. I'm going to use a hammered black finish on some of my parts, so if you chip in $1 for the spray paint, I'll do them for you.  :wink: 

Dave