GAS Flea Market thread

daves

Re: GAS Flea Market thread
« Reply #440 on: 7 May 2018, 03:18 pm »
SOLD
My friend Carl has a pair of 1970s klipschorn bass bins, sans woofers for sale cheap. He needs them gone this week, fast.
« Last Edit: 28 May 2018, 01:25 pm by daves »

Mr Peabody

« Reply #441 on: 10 May 2018, 02:42 am »
The Threshold is sold.

jibzilla

« Reply #442 on: 15 May 2018, 01:31 am »
David, I replied and will contact you, ASAP.

To explain to readers my prior post was a double post so to speak.  One was to share that At Home is carrying Hegel now and the two pieces mentioned were on display and for audition.  Second I posted my Threshold. 

In addition, I purchased a Hegel DAC and plan to do some streaming from Tidal.  So that noise you hear is me kicking and screaming into the present :)

I also posted probably a year ago on the trading post my Coda CSX power amp.  I think last price was $2595 but that covered shipping, so could do some better for local pick up.  It's a really good amp if you like a more tube like presentation, warm, relaxed, yet plenty powerful.  The midrange is outstanding.  My need is for an amp leaning more neutral.  The CSX also has two sets of binding posts.

You do not have kick and scream. I have a dac that is almost as old as me. I do combine it with a schiit eitr and viablue cables though. How do you like the Tidal/Hegel?

Mr Peabody

« Reply #443 on: 15 May 2018, 02:39 am »
The HD30 is an excellent DAC.  I've been comparing it to my Mark Levinson 512.  I haven't been able to get Tidal signed in yet, I have a free trial through Sprint I started not long ago, I want to finish that in my home system but the two large corps can't seem to help me.  I may have to forgo my freeby and just start a new account.

The HD30 & 512 are both good, the 512 being some brighter, not in a fatiguing way and gives me a since of more excitement, where the HD30 has such a low noise floor it allows more space between notes and a more relaxed presentation yet not slow.  I don't have much play time one the HD30 as this point.

vinyldavid

• Collectorious Giganticus
« Reply #444 on: 16 May 2018, 12:55 am »
My 2 cents weren't asked for, but here they are:

If you can send optical or coaxial digital signals (USB-optical works great) to a DAC, get a Benchmark DAC1 for about $500 used.  Crazy awesome sound.

I myself got a Lynx Hilo, and love it.  But it was 'spensive.

jibzilla

« Reply #445 on: 16 May 2018, 02:01 am »
I think straight usb can work. You just need to look for a usb only dac. The keces da-151mk2 is pretty nice for the $200 it sells for used.

I have a Ecp walnut V dac that is usb only and xlr out. I got it a year ago for $1900. I'll let it go for a grand.

I really love the Walnut's sound but the eitr is kind of a game changer and it along with a Sony das-r1 is just a bit more to my liking.   

SOLD - Focal Chorus 716C Speakers - $499 pair - Clayton MO
« Reply #446 on: 28 May 2018, 01:40 am »
Original owner, non smoking home, purchased new from Music for Pleasure about 7 or 8 years ago. Please note; the laminate veneer is starting to peel on the top right edge. Without this slight cosmetic issue the price would be more. 314-968-0090 ext 101 or bob@housefabric.com. i hope i am doing this correctly...this is my first post. Bob

Type 2 1/2 - way bass reflex floorstanding loudspeaker
Drivers 61/2" (16.5cm) Polyglass woofer
61/2" (16.5cm) Polyglass midbass
1" (25mm) TNV2 Al/Mg inverted dome tweeter
Frequency response (+/- 3dB) 50Hz - 28kHz
Low frequency point - 6dB 41Hz
Sensivity (2.83V / 1m) 91.5dB
Nom. impedance 8 Ohms
Minimum impedance 4.3 Ohms
Recommended amplifier power 40 - 200W
Crossover frequency 300Hz / 3000Hz
Dimensions (HxLxP) 373/8x811/16x121/8" (950x221x308mm)
Net weight 45.1lbs (20.5kg)

« Last Edit: 7 Jul 2018, 03:18 am by 720 »

montaldos

« Reply #447 on: 31 May 2018, 05:00 pm »
I have one of the increasingly difficult to find VAC Renaissance 30/30 amplifiers. Renaissance amps are some of the best pieces ever made by VAC. I replaced VTL MB-185 Signatures with this amp and never missed any dynamics. I suppose it is the beastly transformers. The amp weighs 85 lbs I believe. Built like a tank, and completely point to point wired. I believe this is a Mk I but is one of the later versions that includes the tube sentry circuit.

Input and driver tubes are the 6SN7, and the set included are brand new from VAC. Zero hours. The output tubes are also from VAC, approximately one year old with 500 hours. This means 90-95% life left on them, since VAC estimates 5,000-10,000 hours of life. One oddity that does not affect the sound: One of the output tubes has a little metal piece loose inside the glass tube. It has no effect according to Brent at VAC.

There are speaker connections for 8, 4 and 2 ohms. User can select global feedback from zero to six dB and grounding for either AF, RF or DC. This amp can drive difficult loads with ease. What I like is that it combines the dynamics and smoothness of other tube amps with great treble extension, but still with that magic 300b midrange. I used to be an EL-34 guy until I owned this amplifier. I have two of these 30/30 amps so I am keeping one for my main system with Koetsu/SOTA/Thor components. It is just unbeatable in my experience, and very reliable.

The amplifier is in nice overall condition but I rated it 7/10 due to age and a few marks (see pictures) ... light creases on one transformer cover, and a slight discoloration on the side of the other transformer cover. From a few feet away it looks beautiful and the front and faceplate is very nice. A tiny bit of black paint has faded off the lightning bolt on the VAC badge, but not very noticeable.

I have a dedicated listening room, and no kids/pets/smoke. Included is a factory VAC box and the original manual. I will even deliver it locally, in case you have trouble carrying heavy things.

Asking $2975 on Audiogon but would love to find a local buyer and will discount accordingly. Thanks for looking.

kentj1948

Pearl Tube Coolers, Aurelex Sub Dude HT bases
« Reply #448 on: 12 Jun 2018, 11:02 pm »
I have seven Pearl Tube Coolers.  These are 1.25 inch diameter and fit EL-34s, 6SN7, 5AR4, and other tubes of that diameter.  Four have had light usage, three are brand new.  $50 for all 7.

I have a pair of Aurelex Sub Dude HT anti-vibration bases for sub woofers.  These measure 18 by 22 inches.  The energy being transmitted by your sub's cabinet is damped out by the stiff foam layer on the bottom of the base.  $100 for both. 

Thanks for checking out my ad.  Call me with any questions.  Kent 636-399-8053

« Last Edit: 23 Jun 2018, 01:13 pm by kentj1948 »

Paul Graham

« Reply #449 on: 13 Jun 2018, 12:20 am »
Forwarded from intro section.

It is a bittersweet thing that brings me here as a new member.
I recently created a new Audiophile group on facebook which I really didn't plan. It kinda just happened.
Through doing so I met a lovely lady who I have befriended and she has become one of my team.
It turns out she is none other than Deadfish's wife.
I am unsure if any of you know, But sadly Deadfish passed away some time ago.
Susan has recently been digging through his gear which has been in storage and wants to get some of it set back up again. So I did an online search and came across here.
She has given me permission to make a profile and introduce myself here.
Hopefully we can now find out some more info about Deadfish's gear and get something set up ( Susan is a beginner to the tech side of it all )
Thank you for allowing me to join and my apologies for being the bearer of sad news if it wasn't already known.

All my best, And on behalf of Susan, Paul. Founder of The Audio Cafe. :)

Myself and Susan were told to look in here as Bill had many friends about these parts :)

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #450 on: 13 Jun 2018, 01:22 am »
Forwarded from intro section.

It is a bittersweet thing that brings me here as a new member.
I recently created a new Audiophile group on facebook which I really didn't plan. It kinda just happened.
Through doing so I met a lovely lady who I have befriended and she has become one of my team.
It turns out she is none other than Deadfish's wife.
I am unsure if any of you know, But sadly Deadfish passed away some time ago.
Susan has recently been digging through his gear which has been in storage and wants to get some of it set back up again. So I did an online search and came across here.
She has given me permission to make a profile and introduce myself here.
Hopefully we can now find out some more info about Deadfish's gear and get something set up ( Susan is a beginner to the tech side of it all )
Thank you for allowing me to join and my apologies for being the bearer of sad news if it wasn't already known.

All my best, And on behalf of Susan, Paul. Founder of The Audio Cafe. :)

Myself and Susan were told to look in here as Bill had many friends about these parts :)

That's fantastic, Paul!  Kudos to you and Susan!   :thumb:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Re: Pearl Tube Coolers, GIK Bass Panels, Aurelex Sub Dude HT bases
« Reply #451 on: 13 Jun 2018, 01:29 am »
I have seven Pearl Tube Coolers.  These are 1.25 inch diameter and fit EL-34s, 6SN7, 5AR4, and other tubes of that diameter.  Four have had light usage, three are brand new.  $50 for all 7.

I have two GIK Bass Panels.  These measure approximately 43 inches high by 25.5 inches wide by 6 inches deep.  The fabric is an off white.  In excellent condition, no smells or other issues.  $100 for both.

I have a pair of Aurelex Sub Dude HT anti-vibration bases for sub woofers.  These measure 18 by 22 inches.  The energy being transmitted by your sub's cabinet is damped out by the stiff foam layer on the bottom of the base.  $100 for both. 

Thanks for checking out my ad.  Call me with any questions.  Kent 636-399-8053

PM sent on three tube coolers!   :thumb:

daves

« Reply #452 on: 13 Jun 2018, 01:31 am »
 Paul, i can probably help; I purchased Deadfish’s Altecs, and I know the Van Alston, Bryson, Dynaco, and other gear they had quite well. You or Susan can ring me during the day. My best free time is on weekends. I’m assuming Susan is still somewhere in the Collinsville area.
Thanks, Dave
« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2018, 03:04 pm by daves »

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #453 on: 13 Jun 2018, 01:42 am »
Deadfish has quite a few friends on AudioCircle. You're in good hands.
I was lucky enough to meet the man a couple times, I enjoyed his company very much.

Paul Graham

« Reply #454 on: 13 Jun 2018, 01:46 am »
Thank you for the replies folks. I can only do so much as I'm in the UK but anything I can do to help Susan I will :)

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #455 on: 13 Jun 2018, 01:49 am »
Paul, PM me if I can help.

Paul Graham

« Reply #456 on: 13 Jun 2018, 02:14 am »
Thanks Bob. Noted :)
I think Susan may need some help finding the correct tubes for that amp and some advice setting it all up. I'm set my end to offer any advice :)
And to think On Wednesday morning, I never knew Susan, And had no intention to create a facebook group.
It just happened a group we were both on went south, and I pm'd a handful of who looked decent at the time, Fast forward to now and just wow!
I don't know what brought me to Susan and then here to find Bills posts, It's rendered me a bit speechless lol.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #457 on: 13 Jun 2018, 03:30 am »
I was reminded of a thread from a few years ago when Bill passed, and we all gave our respects, memories, and kind words.
In the interest of "cleanliness", and continuity, if we could all move the topic of Bill and his gear to this thread, that'd be great.
On a personal note, seeing his image in this thread brought back more fond memories that my feeble memory was able to recall.

So please, let's go >>HERE<< for moer chat of Bill and his equipment.
Thanks!
Bob

kentj1948

This is a nice pair of bi-wired high-end speaker cables.  They are in very good shape and sound great.  The amp pigtails are 3.5 inches long and the speaker pigtails are 4.5 inches long.  I found these new on eBay listing for $629 a pair.  I am asking $350.  I would rate them 8/10 for overall condition.  There are a few superficial marks on the outer jacket.  If interested, call or PM me.  Thanks for checking out my ad.  Kent 636-399-8053

PS I have some other items for sale on the Flea Market.  They are above the Deadfish string.

« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2018, 08:54 pm by kentj1948 »

jibzilla

« Reply #459 on: 16 Jun 2018, 09:29 pm »
I need the space and the money so I have the following at least 75% off.

Reloop rp-6000 mk6b record player (hanpin super-oem) comes with free orotfon dj cartridge: $100
Micro Seiki dqx-500, needs some TLC. Arm is detached from TT and arm is missing counter weight. Still 120v and it runs: $60 SOLD
Tascam cd-rw900sl, has a remote but it does not work: $50
Odyssey dj coffin stand: $40
Dr. Pro speaker stands: $25 SOLD

Thanks for reading

jameskrack86@gmail.com
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2018, 01:25 am by jibzilla »