First Sub Build with Aurasound 10"

Abby356

First Sub Build with Aurasound 10"
« on: 19 Dec 2008, 04:35 pm »
Hello all, this is my first post in this circle and i was led this way by a search for information on the Aurasound NS10-513 driver. I recently took advantage of a good sale price on a couple of these drivers and am trying to build my first set of enclosures for them. Does anyone have any experience with these ? The easily obtainable info for them says "1.6 cubic ft" vented but my first attempt at modeling them with WINISD came back closer to 1.0 cubic ft vented. I am trying to keep it simple and would consider either vented/sealed. They will actually be used in an old stereo cabinet that i am restoring that has 2 built in sub boxes that are currently 2.6 cubic ft vented. Thanks in advance for your time.

Daniel.

chrismercurio

Re: First Sub Build with Aurasound 10"
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2008, 06:25 pm »
If you want it to be easy than build a sealed box. This driver after a look at the specs seems to be suited for a vented enclosure as it won't play very deep in a sealed box. If you bought 2, they could be placed on opposing sides of a box and run in parallel for vibration cancellation. Madisound lists some tunings and box sizes at their site that you can try. MDF is cheap....so build away.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 19 Dec 2008, 10:00 pm »
Your enclosure is too small for this driver. I would sell them and look for another woofer. There are some woofers from Parts Express that would perform well sealed as long as you have  equalization available to provide some extension.

Abby356

« Reply #3 on: 19 Dec 2008, 10:42 pm »
Rick, thanks for stopping in on a boring sub thread. There isn't a whole lotta info on the web about these drivers but i got the impression you may have used them before. One last question if i may. Just how big of an enclosure am i looking at to get these to work ? My existing boxes are both 2.6 cubic ft each but can be combined if necessary as they share a common wall.

Thanks again, Daniel.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 20 Dec 2008, 12:47 am »
Rick, thanks for stopping in on a boring sub thread. There isn't a whole lotta info on the web about these drivers but i got the impression you may have used them before. One last question if i may. Just how big of an enclosure am i looking at to get these to work ? My existing boxes are both 2.6 cubic ft each but can be combined if necessary as they share a common wall.

Thanks again, Daniel.

Ok, so each one is 2.6 cubic ft.? That's better suited to one 12" per box.