Radian Audio LT3.2 planar tweeter for dipole use

HAL

Radian Audio LT3.2 planar tweeter for dipole use
« on: 29 Nov 2023, 12:51 am »
Received the new Radian Audio LT3.2 planar tweeters today and with instructions converted them to dipole operation.  They arrive stock with a rear cup installed.

Time to try these out in the original Monoliths planar baffles with the LM10n planar mids.  The waveguide will probably need modification as the radiating area is much smaller with these than the BG NEO3 style tweeters.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
Re: Radian Audio LT3.2 planar tweeter for dipole use
« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2023, 03:08 am »
I see they have their own waveguide for this driver. Is there a way that could be utilized?

HAL

« Reply #2 on: 29 Nov 2023, 03:17 am »
Since there is an existing waveguide in the baffle, it is easier to start with that. 

The LT3.2 waveguide is about the same size as the existing baffle, so might be possible.  Measurements will be next to see what works.

dayneger

« Reply #3 on: 11 Dec 2023, 11:18 pm »
I've been reading about constant directivity and am curious how these perform off axis with the waveguides in place?

That's cool that you can open the backs up.

How different are these from GR's Neo 3?

Thanks!

HAL

« Reply #4 on: 12 Dec 2023, 04:30 am »
The LT3.2 planar is a new design by Radian Audio not like the GR NEO3 in size.  Smaller in both dimensions and different aperture, so do not exactly fit the original waveguide.

The testing when I get to it will see if the original waveguide needs modification to work with this tweeter instead.  Not saying it will at this point, something to be tested.