What are you using to Stream with..??

Delta77

What are you using to Stream with..??
« on: 10 Dec 2018, 11:42 pm »
I'm using an APPLE TV4 as my streamer .. (playing Tidal controlled through my Ipad )..
But I want to get something with a little more prestige ..
Looking at the  Aurender , AURALiC , and the Salk StreamPlayer 3..

Whats your favorite streamer, please add to the list if necessary..!!

JDoyle

Re: What are you using to Stream with..??
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2018, 12:39 am »
I purchased the Salk Streamer 3 and I just love it... Roon/Tidal works flawlessly after one minor glitch (I only mention the glitch because Jim was right there “immediately”  to resolve this issue... Jim’s customer service is just wonderful).  I might look at something downstream like the SOtM 200 ultra in the future, but right now my SSIII is pretty awesome streaming to my Benchmark DAC3.  :thumb:

JD

Saturn94

« Reply #2 on: 11 Dec 2018, 02:46 am »
Another Salkstream III with Roon owner here. :)  It’s connected to my Anthem AVM20 pre/pro via optical, and to my Oppo 103 via HDMI.

I love the ability to play anything from mp3 to hi res multichannel files.

+1 on Jim’s excellent customer service. :D

witchdoctor

« Reply #3 on: 11 Dec 2018, 03:04 am »
The system in your profile has a big TV screen between two speakers. If that is the case I recommend the Sony UBP X1000ES Universal Player. It streams Spotify, DLNA and some GREAT concert apps like QelloStingRay. It has a feature called DSEE HX which is a proprietary tech that upconverts everything to 24/96/ and it works very well.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/blu-ray-disc-players/ubp-x1000es

If it is strictly for audio streaming get the Bluesound Node and a Tidal/MQA subscription. New tracks are constantly being dropped in MQA format and I think it sounds fantastic.

jd3

« Reply #4 on: 14 Dec 2018, 04:57 pm »
I've got a SalkStream II (gen 3) with Roon.  Easy to set up and use.  It's been pretty flawless.  It's been connected to a either a PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell dac or a Pro-ject Pre-box S2 to a Wells Audio Majestic integrated.   Speakers are Song 3 Encores.

NHSkier

« Reply #5 on: 14 Dec 2018, 09:23 pm »
I don't do much streaming. I prefer locally stored music on my Salk Streamer II. Jim's support is second to none.

IndyLions

« Reply #6 on: 15 Dec 2018, 04:59 pm »
Mac Mini running Roon.  I have one MacMini that is the Server, and another that is the Player in my music room.

At some point I'll upgrade - but I'm happy for now.

Samac

« Reply #7 on: 15 Dec 2018, 05:13 pm »
Have really enjoyed my Bluesound Node 2 for the past two years. The BluOS is excellent and their customer support is outstanding.

Looking forward to moving up to the Bluesound Vault 2. Which has ripping capabilities and storage. I may also consider the soon to be released NAD C658 BluOS streaming DAC.

Cheers,

Scott

apstoltz

« Reply #8 on: 16 Dec 2018, 12:53 am »
I am in the same boat as the OP. Is something like the node2 overkill for Spotify premium? I use apple devices. I have an iMac, iPad and iPhone. I am looking for convenience.

Branson4020

« Reply #9 on: 16 Dec 2018, 01:12 am »
I am in the same boat as the OP. Is something like the node2 overkill for Spotify premium? I use apple devices. I have an iMac, iPad and iPhone. I am looking for convenience.

Well, it's hard to get much more convenient than a chromecast audio dongle and the Spotify app for your phone. 

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #10 on: 16 Dec 2018, 12:34 pm »

Well, it's hard to get much more convenient than a chromecast audio dongle and the Spotify app for your phone.

Does Chromecast talk with Apple products? 

slash71

« Reply #11 on: 16 Dec 2018, 01:55 pm »
I'm using an APPLE TV4 as my streamer .. (playing Tidal controlled through my Ipad )..
But I want to get something with a little more prestige ..
Looking at the  Aurender , AURALiC , and the Salk StreamPlayer 3..

Whats your favorite streamer, please add to the list if necessary..!!

AURALIC FIRST! all gears from Aries and over also unfold MQA without problems, or  bypass the MQA file to a capable DAC ..

Branson4020

« Reply #12 on: 16 Dec 2018, 04:05 pm »
Does Chromecast talk with Apple products?

Sure.  It's just a wifi gizmo that will give you wireless streaming to your DAC.  Most streaming services like Tidal or Spotify have built-in support in their phone apps. You push the button in the app and whatever was streaming to your phone streams to the Chromecast instead.

bluemeanies

« Reply #13 on: 16 Dec 2018, 04:58 pm »
I use to use the APPLE TV.
however moving forward I purchased a Mac Mini and a Samsung monitor for a little better than $500.00. I then purchased AIRSERVER..one time fee.
I connect my Mac Mini via audioquest USB cable to my external dac streaming TIDAL.
👍👍👍