New sales rep, website, and upcoming L2 Integrated Amplifiers

Vinnie R.

All,

If you subscribe to our newsletter, you probably already received the big news:

1) I have officially transitioned from direct-sales to a dealer network, and have appointed Mark Sossa
of Well Pleased AV as my North American Sales Rep.

Here is the copy of the Press Release:

HOLDEN, MA (July 22, 2019) – Vinnie Rossi has officially transitioned from direct sales to a dealer network in the USA and is pleased to announce the appointment of Mark Sossa of Well Pleased Audio Vida as the companyʼs sales representative for North America, effective July 22, 2019.

Commenting on the new partnership, Rossi said, “Over the last five years, Mark has demonstrated a tremendous amount of energy and enthusiasm towards the brands that he represents - at various trade shows and working with a strong and growing dealer network that he has established and maintained. His good character, approachability, and long-term vision are exactly what I have been looking for to make the switch from direct sales to a vibrant dealer network, exclusively. We are looking forward to working together.”

Sossa adds, “I have been keenly watching Vinnie Rossiʼs products evolve over the last 15 years. He continues to reach higher levels of performance with every product, and each one delivers an innovative design approach, top performance in its price class, and high value. They also garner numerous awards from the press, glowing coverage at trade shows, and a loyal following from his customers. As his company continues to grow, I am excited to be part of his team and bring his designs to a much larger audience.”

Both companies will be teaming up this year at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (September), as well as Captial Audio Fest and the New York Audio Show (November). Vinnie Rossi plans to show his upcoming L2 Integrated Amplifier at all three shows, and interested dealers are encouraged to visit Vinnie Rossi and Mark Sossa in person for a remarkable demo!

About Vinnie Rossi

Vinnie Rossi designs and manufactures exceptional sounding audio components. Each of his unique, award-winning creations brings the listener deep into the music with their completely natural and engaging sound signature. Vinnie Rossi components are all proudly handmade in the USA and backed by a 10-year warranty and industry-leading customer service.

About Well Pleased Audio Vida

Well Pleased Audio Vida is a manufacturerʼs representative and distribution firm specializing in premium, high-fidelity audio systems. They pride themselves on offering some of the finest performing, high-value equipment from around the world that communicates the lifeblood of music with class and distinction.

Contact information for both companies:

Vinnie Rossi
800 Main Street, Suite 125
Holden, MA 01520 USA
Phone: +1 (774) 234-0800
Email: info@vinnierossi.com

Well Pleased Audio Vida
1934 Old Gallows Road, Suite 350-R
Tysons Corner, VA 22182 USA
Phone: +1 (703) 750-5461
Email: mark@wellpleasedav.com

2) The Vinnie Rossi website has been refreshed.  Check it out: www.vinnierossi.com   8)

3) The upcoming (September 2019) L2 Integrated Amplifier and L2 'Signature Edition' Integrated Amplifier
models have been announced and are live on our website:

https://www.vinnierossi.com/l2-integrated-amplifier-l2i/

&

https://www.vinnierossi.com/l2-se-integrated-amplifier/

4) The following news has been posted on the LIO page:
https://www.vinnierossi.com/lio-audio-component/

After nearly 5 years of production, LIO will be discontinued by the end of summer 2019.

There are a handful of reasons that have prompted us to make this difficult decision, but the two most significant are:

1) LIO has always been priced and sold as a ‘factory-direct’ product, but now Vinnie Rossi has officially switched from direct sales to a dealer network.

2) Product demand for LIO has steadily become slower, yet the cost of parts to make LIO has increased (especially in smaller production quantities).

Rest assured, we will still continue to offer LIO modules, warranty service and support to all of our LIO customers going forward.

We are also offering our LIO customers generous trade-up credit towards our new L2 components until the end of 2019.  If you are interested, please contact us to inquire.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support!

Vinnie Rossi

We're almost out of stock of LIO parts and enclosures, but have stock of modules. As mentioned above, will continue to support modules and LIO upgrades (including the L2 Phonostage and L2 DAC are both upgrade options for LIO customers).

And we'll be getting in LIO trade-in units, so if you are interested, please contact me directly via email.

Thank you,

Vinnie
« Last Edit: 22 Jul 2019, 06:08 pm by Vinnie R. »

SteveKi

And we'll be getting in LIO trade-in units, so if you are interested, please contact me directly via email.

Thank you,

Vinnie

Vinnie,
Will LIO trade-ins be done through you or the dealer network?
Steve

Vinnie R.

Vinnie,
Will LIO trade-ins be done through you or the dealer network?
Steve

Hi Steve,

Only through me, directly.  And until the end of this year.

Best regards,

Vinnie

dspringham

Congratulations for this major business move Vinnie. The new stuff looks terrific - world class all the way!

However, checking out the new L2 Integrated prices (gulp) I'm glad to own (for the present and foreseeable future) a LIO DHT/DAC2.

I'm wondering how this will effect LIO resale values.

Vinnie R.

Congratulations for this major business move Vinnie. The new stuff looks terrific - world class all the way!

However, checking out the new L2 Integrated prices (gulp) I'm glad to own (for the present and foreseeable future) a LIO DHT/DAC2.

I'm wondering how this will effect LIO resale values.

Hi dspringham,

Thank you!

Today I am receiving a lot more emails than I expected from LIO customers looking to trade-up to the L2i or L2i-SE.  I'll try my best to get through them all over the next 24 hours or so. 

And I will continue to support all my LIO customers (heck, I still service Red Wine Audio components  - many of which were purchased on the used market  :wink:) and you'll get many more years of enjoyment from LIO.  I don't see the resale value changing much at all.

Best regards,

Vinnie

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
All,

If you subscribe to our newsletter, you probably already received the big news:

1) I have officially transitioned from direct-sales to a dealer network, and have appointed Mark Sossa
of Well Pleased AV as my North American Sales Rep.

Here is the copy of the Press Release:

2) The Vinnie Rossi website has been refreshed.  Check it out: www.vinnierossi.com   8)

3) The upcoming (September 2019) L2 Integrated Amplifier and L2 'Signature Edition' Integrated Amplifier
models have been announced and are live on our website:

https://www.vinnierossi.com/l2-integrated-amplifier-l2i/

&

https://www.vinnierossi.com/l2-se-integrated-amplifier/

4) The following news has been posted on the LIO page:
https://www.vinnierossi.com/lio-audio-component/

We're almost out of stock of LIO parts and enclosures, but have stock of modules. As mentioned above, will continue to support modules and LIO upgrades (including the L2 Phonostage and L2 DAC are both upgrade options for LIO customers).

Thank you,

Vinnie

Congratulations, Vinnie!

I can't think of two finer gentlemen (You & Mark) to do business together!

Best of Luck,
Pete

lutry

Hi Vinnie

The new models look very, very impressive - congrats!

As most probably I'll stay with my LIO a couple more years, I'd like to ask you if you'll stop releasing upgrades for the LIO, ie, a DAC 3.0.

Thanks

Vinnie R.

Hi Vinnie

The new models look very, very impressive - congrats!

As most probably I'll stay with my LIO a couple more years, I'd like to ask you if you'll stop releasing upgrades for the LIO, ie, a DAC 3.0.

Thanks

Hi lutry,

Thank you for your post!

I do not have plans for more LIO upgrades at this time.  I'm beyond busy with so many different things  :duh:

Best regards,

Vinnie

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
  Vinnie congrats on your decision to use Mark Sossa. We have been the NY dealer for Well Pleased  for several years now. Fine Man fine products.  Looking forward to selling your products in NYC.

charles

magnuska

Vinnie,

Congrats to go dealer rep. I understand you must have been thinking about this more than once. But I guess its a wise choice especially
considering promoting higher end products. Its important to have the possibility to audition and also seeing coverage from the press will be
better I guess.

Will there be upgrades and or tradeups possible from now or is it up to the dealers to descide themselves?

When will it be time for conquering Europe?

Regards Magnus

Vinnie R.

Re: New sales rep, website, and upcoming L2 Integrated Amplifiers
« Reply #10 on: 25 Jul 2019, 06:07 pm »
  Vinnie congrats on your decision to use Mark Sossa. We have been the NY dealer for Well Pleased  for several years now. Fine Man fine products.  Looking forward to selling your products in NYC.

Charles

Hi Charles - Thank you!

Vinnie,

Congrats to go dealer rep. I understand you must have been thinking about this more than once. But I guess its a wise choice especially
considering promoting higher end products. Its important to have the possibility to audition and also seeing coverage from the press will be better I guess.

Will there be upgrades and or tradeups possible from now or is it up to the dealers to descide themselves?

When will it be time for conquering Europe?

Regards Magnus

Hi Magnus,

Thank you!  Yes, I have received many requests for dealer auditions over the years.  I'm excited to finally make
this transition!

- Please email me directly regarding trade-ups.  I will be handling the LIO trade-ups to L2 (but trade-ups are only for the rest of 2019).

- Dealers will be handling all new sales going forward for the L2 product line.

- I will be posting about Europe on my "Where to Buy" page soon - that is also in the works!  8)

Best regards,

Vinnie

magnuska

« Reply #11 on: 25 Jul 2019, 07:23 pm »

Thank you!  Yes, I have received many requests for dealer auditions over the years.  I'm excited to finally make
this transition!

- Please email me directly regarding trade-ups.  I will be handling the LIO trade-ups to L2 (but trade-ups are only for the rest of 2019).

- Dealers will be handling all new sales going forward for the L2 product line.

- I will be posting about Europe on my "Where to Buy" page soon - that is also in the works!  8)

Best regards,

Vinnie
[/quote]

Thank you, look forward to read more about it! :)

/Magnus

KLH007

« Reply #12 on: 26 Jul 2019, 02:04 pm »
Congratulations Vinnie and Mark on a perfect collaboration! Having your unique kit in dealer showrooms is a great step forward.

lutry

« Reply #13 on: 28 Jul 2019, 03:27 pm »
Hi lutry,

Thank you for your post!

I do not have plans for more LIO upgrades at this time.  I'm beyond busy with so many different things  :duh:

Best regards,

Vinnie

Thanks Vinnie - I'm really happy for you as my experience with the LIO and dealing with you has been excellent.

I have to tell you however that the decision to discontinue the LIO was disappointing to me as I considered the LIO as my system for the long run, with exciting upgrades for many years - now I understand this will be over which for the case of the DAC might compromise the one box solution in in the medium term. Unfortunately the L2 is too upmarket for some of the LIO’s existing owners.

Best of luck and once again congrats!

Vinnie R.

« Reply #14 on: 29 Jul 2019, 01:39 am »
Hi magnuska, KLH007, and lutry,

Thank you very much!

I have to tell you however that the decision to discontinue the LIO was disappointing to me as I considered the LIO as my system for the long run, with exciting upgrades for many years - now I understand this will be over which for the case of the DAC might compromise the one box solution in in the medium term.

Hi lutry,

I understand where you are coming from, and this was not an easy decision for me to make. 
I'll continue to be there to support you and all my LIO customers moving forward. 

Thank you,

Vinnie

gene9p

« Reply #15 on: 29 Jul 2019, 01:32 pm »

Thanks Vinnie - I'm really happy for you as my experience with the LIO and dealing with you has been excellent.

I have to tell you however that the decision to discontinue the LIO was disappointing to me as I considered the LIO as my system for the long run, with exciting upgrades for many years - now I understand this will be over which for the case of the DAC might compromise the one box solution in in the medium term. Unfortunately the L2 is too upmarket for some of the LIO’s existing owners.

Best of luck and once again congrats!

I am in the same position..love the LIO but cannot afford the up scaled new line. Vinnie has promised his support for the LIO and considering the build quality I don't foresee any issues. There will always be a question or two that Vinnie will answer and perhaps any ideas you might have about a LIO mod or improvement might spark something. You can always use an external dac or amp, I see some VR120's for sale, perhaps contact Vinnie for a recent trade in should you want more power. The LIO still retains it's flexibility even without any new in house upgrades. I had Vinnie make me  a mod to add more RCA inputs...no problem !. The LIO is going to be with us for a long time.

SteveKi

« Reply #16 on: 29 Jul 2019, 06:33 pm »
Vinnie,
If you eventually upgrade the L2 DAC will this DAC 3.0 also work in the LIO?
Steve

Vinnie R.

« Reply #17 on: 29 Jul 2019, 06:51 pm »
Hi gene9p,

Thank you for your post!

Hi Steve,

If you eventually upgrade the L2 DAC will this DAC 3.0 also work in the LIO?

There is no new dac (beyond the LIO DAC 2.0 / L2 DAC) in the works
at this time, so I am not yet in a position to answer your question. 

Thank you,

Vinnie

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
Other than a decent Triode Wire Labs power cable, would the L2 need a power conditioner or more elaborate surge protection? I have whole-house surge protection already installed.

jriggy

Im my experience, almost all hifi rigs at a good revealing level (like VR components) will benefit with ‘the right kind’ power conditioner or filter, even if on a dedicated line. If you have not heard your system with anything on the power side, you owe it to yourself to borrow or demo something comparable to hear for yourself.