MSB Link and Gold Link mods?

TheChairGuy

« on: 17 Dec 2003, 02:25 am »
Steve,

I just read Dan Wright is passing on most/all of his digital mod work to you....I have been hemming and hawing (sp?) on getting my Gold Link III done for a time.  Are you planning on doing mods for this model?

I also have a Sony DVP-S7700 and thinking about mods on it, too.  It has the 192K outputs from MSB already done (and corresponding 192K board hooked up in DAC)...any hurdles working around that in my S7700?

Lastly, assuming you do mods on MSB's and no hurdles with the Sony, which might I benefit the most from doing IYO....the MSB or the Sony first?

We can talk more at T.H.E. Show...I'll see ya' on either January 11 and/or 12.  Thanks.

audioengr

« Reply #1 on: 20 Dec 2003, 02:42 am »
I just read Dan Wright is passing on most/all of his digital mod work to you....I have been hemming and hawing (sp?) on getting my Gold Link III done for a time. Are you planning on doing mods for this model?

Sure.  I just modded a VanAlstine Omegastar and it turned-out really spectacular, almost as good as the P-3A.  I am still tweaking it.

I also have a Sony DVP-S7700 and thinking about mods on it, too. It has the 192K outputs from MSB already done (and corresponding 192K board hooked up in DAC)...any hurdles working around that in my S7700?

Should not be a problem.  If it adds significantly to the difficulty of implementing the mods, the price could be slightly higher.

Lastly, assuming you do mods on MSB's and no hurdles with the Sony, which might I benefit the most from doing IYO....the MSB or the Sony first?

The MSB is an unknown.  I can probably make it sing, but until I do, the Transport is probably best first.  This will be a bit less expensive too.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #2 on: 20 Dec 2003, 06:57 am »
Thanks Steve - I look forward to seeing/hearing your handi-work at T.H.E. Show soon...