• RMAF 2010: 15 Oct 2010 - 17 Oct 2010

RMAF 2010

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: RMAF 2010
« Reply #80 on: 12 Oct 2010, 03:29 pm »
Good memory Mike.  I couldn't remember her name until you said it.  We'll see if she's still there for more 'abuse'.

Bryan

jhm731

« Reply #81 on: 12 Oct 2010, 05:42 pm »
If you're going to RMAF, you should stop by the Green Mountain Audio room to see/hear the new Galibier Design TT.

GMA News-

10/02/10. Our designer will be demonstrating Calypso HD speakers at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in Denver, Colorado, held mid-October.

Roy says, "I am truly delighted to work this year with several of the world's leading designers to bring marvelous sound to the Show! First is Thom Mackris, of Galibier Design, spinning his extraordinary new turntable. I hope he lets me touch it! Thom said he will surprise me with his choice of phono cartridge, so I'm definitely bringing some very special LPs to play.

"We will be connecting the very simple system with cables and speaker wires by Marigo Audio, and their designer, Ron Hedrich, will be in and out of our room all weekend (he has a lot of folks to see). Ron is also responsible for the wires used inside all of our HD speakers, and also of the remarkable Mystery Feet placed beneath Thom's Atmasphere preamp and power amps.

"This a rare opportunity for anyone to hear what vinyl can really do, which is to sound more like real music and less like 'hi-fi' than one can imagine. These Calypso HD speakers are my personal research pair in cherry, with a zillion hours of careful break in. I have decided it's now best to offer them up for sale for a very good price at this show, before they can ever become dinged up (they are in perfect shape still!).

"On Saturday night after 6PM, Thom has invited anyone and everyone to meet two of the world's leading tonearm designers- Frank Schroeder and Joel Durand, whose tonearms will be demonstrated on the Galibier turntable. Frank, Joel and Thom will offer their perspectives on what makes for proper alignment of phono cartridges and tonearms for the lowest distortion and best tracking, and do their best to answer all questions!

"I have no doubt we will provide the best, most musical experience at the Show, so come hear it all in Room 1130! I am looking forward to seeing old friends and customers along with many new faces!"

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #82 on: 12 Oct 2010, 06:05 pm »
Sweet - look forward to seeing/meeting you after so many years, Father Theresa :wink:

I'm just in Friday and Saturday.

5 years I've been planning to go and something got in the way each time.  I'm in for 2010  :thumb:

John

I land at 4:50 Friday.  I think I can find my way to the bar by 7.  Looking forward to meeting you in person, John, TCG.  :thumb:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #83 on: 12 Oct 2010, 06:10 pm »

land at 4:50 Friday.  I think I can find my way to the bar by 7.

From what I gather, the bar will be standing room only on Friday :thumb:

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #84 on: 12 Oct 2010, 06:13 pm »
It usually is. 

Occam

« Reply #85 on: 13 Oct 2010, 05:43 am »
I'm looking forward to meet some real life AC posters. I won't be able to visit many rooms as I'll be meeting and greeting at the 3 rooms where my wares will be part of the systems -

rm 9013 Tweekgeek where my new GS MkII power cords will be powering the  Bybee power conditioner and feeding the ModWright gear. My GS speaker cables will be feeding Vivid loudspeakers

rm 1130 Galibier TT / Green Mountain Speaker which will use my new GS MkII power cords feeding my new Alchemist power conditioner and feeding the Atma-Sphere electronics

rm 1125 German Physics Loudspeaker / Nova Physics Memory player will use the full complement of my products, the GS MkII power cords feeding my Alchemist power conditioner as well as all electronics. My GS speaker cables will be feeding the German Physics loudspeakers.

I'm looking forward to meeting fellow ACers. Please stop by.

Regards,
Paul
Kaplan Cables
« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2010, 05:20 pm by Occam »

TheChairGuy

« Reply #86 on: 13 Oct 2010, 02:13 pm »
Paul/Occam,

Looking forward to meeting you, too!

Too many years gone by without.... :(

John

Wayne1

« Reply #87 on: 13 Oct 2010, 03:59 pm »
Paul, John and all other AC members:

Please stop by Room 1030 to say hello to Lou Hinkley and I.

Lou will be introducing his new Bass Modules. They will be playing along with his Daedalus Audio Ulysses speakers powered by Atma-Sphere MA-1MK 3.1s. We will have vinyl playback provided by Galibier. CD playback through the wonderful AMR CD77.

A modded Logitech Touch with BOLDER power supply will be on hand for hard drive sourced music. All the sources will be going into an Atma-sphere MP-1 MK 3.1. The signals will be running into the MA-1s through a custom line level, passive, high pass filter designed and built by BOLDER Cable. The low end will be run through an active, lo-pass filter also designed and built by BOLDER. Power amps feeding the bass modules will be a pair of ModWright KWA-150s running in mono.

Please bring music to play on the gear. We strongly encourage listening to music you are familiar with.

Lou's DAR-ma speakers will be in the ModWright room 1010 and another pair of Ulysses will be in room 804.

I look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #88 on: 13 Oct 2010, 04:06 pm »
Paul, John and all other AC members:

Please stop by Room 1030 to say hello to Lou Hinkley and I.

I look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

Yes, I'm totally psyched to meet you, too, Wayne :thumb:

John

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #89 on: 13 Oct 2010, 04:14 pm »
The low end will be rung through an active, lo-pass filter also designed and built by BOLDER.

Any info you can pass along about this? 

Wayne1

« Reply #90 on: 13 Oct 2010, 04:40 pm »
Aside from correcting my spelling error  :roll: what would you like to know?

I designed and built an overkill power supply for the lo-pass section. It is a Butterworth, 3rd octave design with fully balanced inputs, I use a Lundahl transformer to change to single ended for the lo-pass section. The lo-pass is buffered with just over 3 dB of gain available. There is a stepped attenuator for level matching. It is a stereo unit.

It can be built with a summing network for a single sub output or for multiple mono or stereo subs or any variation. The unit for the show is set to cross at 60 HZ

The lo-pass active and the passive high pass line level can and will be custom built for each person's system.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #91 on: 13 Oct 2010, 04:46 pm »
So it's not active like a DCX or similar unit?  No changing on the fly..

Wayne1

« Reply #92 on: 13 Oct 2010, 04:59 pm »
It is active, but the crossover frequency is fixed. It is analog only. No controls for boost or cut of different frequencies.

It is very simple. Built with high quality parts.

If you are interested in a modded DCX, drop me a line. I do have one I would be willing to part with.

audioengr

« Reply #93 on: 13 Oct 2010, 05:38 pm »
I'm looking forward to meeting many AC'ers at RMAF.  Please drop-by the Iris room, near the brewpub if you have the chance.

Empirical Audio will be showing our new 24/192 async USB products for computer audio, including the Overdrive DAC, the new Off-Ramp 4 and Pace-Car USB.  The Overdrive is also a non-USB DAC.  We are now incorporating many excellent Paul Hynes voltage regulators in all of these.  Several LI battery supplies will be used for the system too.  I believe we are the first to have LI battery. We also plan to drive the speakers with my modded Parasound Halo JC-1 monoblocks.  If you want to hear what a difference this mod makes, this is your chance.  I still do it ocassionally.

This year, we will be featuring the latest Jim Salk flagship speakers, the SoundScapes.  Should be a treat.  I hope that Tyson can make it.  I have a couple of versions of Mahlers Symph. #2 that he will want to hear.  Also have the remaster of Rolling Stones "Let it Bleed".  Awesome music.

Steve N.

Nuance

« Reply #94 on: 14 Oct 2010, 05:10 pm »
Tomorrow is the day!  I look forward to meeting you guys.

AlexG

• Industry Participant
« Reply #95 on: 14 Oct 2010, 05:19 pm »
Bryan,

I couldn't remember her name until you said it.  We'll see if she's still there for more 'abuse'.

Don't tell Klaus now that he is married... :lol:

See you there  :thumb:

Alex

Listens2tubes

« Reply #96 on: 15 Oct 2010, 03:33 am »
See you in 12 hours 8) :drool: :hyper: :dance: :banana piano: :beer: :rock: :thankyou:

Neal  :wave:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #97 on: 15 Oct 2010, 03:43 am »
A few more "faces" to watch for at RMAF.... :beer:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #98 on: 15 Oct 2010, 03:50 am »
I'm looking forward to meeting many AC'ers at RMAF.  Please drop-by the Iris room, near the brewpub if you have the chance.

Empirical Audio will be showing our new 24/192 async USB products for computer audio, including the Overdrive DAC, the new Off-Ramp 4 and Pace-Car USB.  The Overdrive is also a non-USB DAC.  We are now incorporating many excellent Paul Hynes voltage regulators in all of these.  Several LI battery supplies will be used for the system too.  I believe we are the first to have LI battery. We also plan to drive the speakers with my modded Parasound Halo JC-1 monoblocks.  If you want to hear what a difference this mod makes, this is your chance.  I still do it ocassionally.

This year, we will be featuring the latest Jim Salk flagship speakers, the SoundScapes.  Should be a treat.  I hope that Tyson can make it.  I have a couple of versions of Mahlers Symph. #2 that he will want to hear.  Also have the remaster of Rolling Stones "Let it Bleed".  Awesome music.

Steve N.

Mahler Symphony #2?  Hell Yeah!  I'm there!!! ;)