GIK Acoustics NEW Alpha Wood Series

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
Re: GIK Acoustics NEW Alpha Wood Series
« Reply #80 on: 5 Feb 2016, 04:36 pm »
Glen,

Do the Alpha series and the Q7d Diffusers match in wood, color and finish?

Also, Could you explain the performance difference between the Tri Traps with the Scatter Plate on the inside and the Tri Traps with the Alpha series type add on outer scatter plate/diffusers?

Performance is more important than appearance for the Tri Traps so I'm wondering which is the better way to go, looks aside?

Thanks,

Greg

Hi Glen,

Could you answer this question I posted above?

Thanks,

Greg

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #81 on: 5 Feb 2016, 04:58 pm »
Hey Greg,

Sorry about that. Totally missed your questions.

Do the Alpha series and the Q7d Diffusers match in wood, color and finish?

Yes, but we changed the blond on the Q7D about 4 months ago, so if you have one later then that it might be just a tad off.

Also, Could you explain the performance difference between the Tri Traps with the Scatter Plate on the inside and the Tri Traps with the Alpha series type add on outer scatter plate/diffusers?

The Tri Trap with the Scatter plate how wider spacing in the plate so you get a bit more diffusion/scattering with the Alpha Corner Trap.

Performance is more important than appearance for the Tri Traps so I'm wondering which is the better way to go, looks aside?

For sure the Alpha Corner is the best out of the Tri Trap with or without the Scatter Plate.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #82 on: 5 Feb 2016, 06:56 pm »
Hey Greg,

Sorry about that. Totally missed your questions.

Yes, but we changed the blond on the Q7D about 4 months ago, so if you have one later then that it might be just a tad off.

The Tri Trap with the Scatter plate how wider spacing in the plate so you get a bit more diffusion/scattering with the Alpha Corner Trap.

For sure the Alpha Corner is the best out of the Tri Trap with or without the Scatter Plate.

No Problem Glenn,

Thanks for the answers, I'll probably be ordering them all at once so the wood should match up fine.

Greg