• The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: iPhone as a digital transport
« Reply #20 on: 29 Aug 2021, 07:24 pm »
Which source do you choose?

bokko

« Reply #21 on: 29 Aug 2021, 07:54 pm »
I did try the ApowerMirror, the Zoho Assist one is just too expensive. Both seem more remote support based.
The apowermirror did connect but no audio and with costs involved not really wanting to pay for something like this. It works controlling my PC but no help to me.

Using the Apple Remote to control my PC to access Apple Music there (PC is already on running for Roon) but at that point only next and volume control is available Probably playlists too.
I still need to go to listening room to change playlists, etc (2nd screen on PC is cloned to my TV, controlled using a bluetooth keyboard with touchpad built in.) so is fine when in room.

Now on PC looks like my new video card does support up to 24/ 192 at least the HDMI input Called Bryston BR-20 reports to windows it does. So accessed setting in iTunes and increased to 192k. Sure enough it does, but still just up converts everything to 24/192 not staying bit perfect. To me the same songs that I have just been listing to on BR-20 streamer or Roon via my streamer just sound much better. Even switching back to iPad via USB again sounds a much better than HDMI.
Not sure what causes that as my Sony UBP-X800M2 connected to another BR-20 HDMI input playing SACD's sound just a good as same files I ripped to DSD. (Native light is on too when playing SACD's)

With iPad I do see that sound remains bitperfect in case people aren't sure how to check other than display on BDA or BR you touch the fancy ~ representing apple lossless.

A buddy who is my go to Apple Guru is on east coast with his Dad's setup isn't having much luck getting his Switch Control working either. Dads stuff is an iPad Pro and iPhone 12 maybe they broke something in last update. Perhaps the way its written. Why even use Bluetooth to me WiFi would be better. I'll keep poking around.

bokko

« Reply #22 on: 29 Aug 2021, 07:55 pm »
James it would be external but you need to do a Bluetooth connection first to select it as I read it.
I then see name of iPad Air 2 on Bluetooth add screen on my iPhone and it says its unsupported when selected.

Can't get to point where the black screen comes up and you would select device like a step is missing or must be done prior to this.

Have tried several more apps Apowermirror and teamviewer both kill apple music audio on connecting. Both record session so space hogs. Join.me used to work per some forum posts but did not work for me. Meeting was fine screen sharing not.
Guessing apple changed something the Switch Control article is from 2019...

Sorry I didn't try myself before sending. Apple stuff usually works.
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2021, 09:13 pm by bokko »