My DB9

Zuman

My DB9
« on: 31 May 2021, 02:19 am »
About six years ago - after I had my appendix removed and passed a kidney stone in the same week! - my wife finally felt sorry enough for me that she encouraged me to buy the car I'd been stalking for years.
I really wanted an Aston Martin DB9 coupe, but I found a 2006 DB9 Volante (convertible) with both good records and an amazing price on eBay and went for it.
It makes me really happy every time I drive it and the cool thing is that it seems to make other drivers happy, too.
I've driven it to the Indy 500 several times, but not today...

Bemopti123

Re: My DB9
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2021, 02:23 am »
Wow.  When I had my gallbladder removed, the most I got was a 3 week ride to work on a 2016 Toyota Corolla. 

SET Man

« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2021, 02:35 am »
Wow.  When I had my gallbladder removed, the most I got was a 3 week ride to work on a 2016 Toyota Corolla.

Hey!

But look on the bright side, I think you were better off with the Corolla on bumpy NYC's streets after surgery than the DB9 above  :lol:

Buddy

SET Man

« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2021, 02:41 am »
I really wanted an Aston Martin DB9 coupe, but I found a 2006 DB9 Volante (convertible) with both good records and an amazing price on eBay and went for it.

Hey!

Does it come with passenger ejector seat? Well, now when you go to bars, you'll have to drink martini "shaken, not stirred"  8)

Anyway, congrat Zuman... Aston Martin cars are some of my favorites ever. But I don't think I will ever be able to afford one.

Buddy

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2021, 03:39 am »
Sweet ride Zuman.  8)   Best I can remember losing the appendix wasn't a big deal, except when about to burst, but those kidney stones are something to be avoided if at all possible.  :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2021, 04:06 am »
Nice vehicle congratulations, beware of the dog.
https://www.whichcar.com.au/opinion/dog-eats-aston-martin