« on: 3 Oct 2011, 02:41 am »
New review of D-500 MKII by Jeff Dorgay of TONE Audio can be found here
http://www.tonepublications.com/review/channel-islands-d500-mkii-monoblocks/

The D-500 MKII was also awarded their Exceptional Value Award  :D

SlushPuppy

Re: New TONE Audio Review of D-500 MKII
« Reply #1 on: 3 Oct 2011, 03:05 am »
Congrats Dusty!

The Channel Islands D500 MKII amplifiers sounded great and made no missteps while in our care. We will be adding them to our reference fleet of amplifiers, so you will be hearing more about them in the months to come.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #2 on: 3 Oct 2011, 06:05 am »
Against $100K of speakers (Jeff's Gamut S9's), I'd say $5K/pair for amps is Exceptional Value.   :o

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 3 Oct 2011, 11:58 am »
installing the D500 MKIIs in another system featuring 800 Diamonds exhibited the same rolloff in the HF region

I wonder why this would be?  Are there any measurements to back this up?   :scratch:

CIAudio

« Reply #4 on: 3 Oct 2011, 01:42 pm »
I don't believe he measured the combination as the amplifiers have ruler flat response regardless of load... he just felt they sounded rolled off with B&W's. This is odd to me because I usually find B&W's to sound bright.

I can't explain what he heard as I've never tried any of our amplifiers with B&W models... I've only heard them at shows, etc.

We have several customers using the combo's mentioned and are happy with the results, but everybody likes something different. On the other hand, he loved them with the Maggies and everything else he tried them with.