DODD BATTERY PREAMP MUST SELL!!!

gld

• Industry Participant
    • http://doddaudio@live.net
DODD BATTERY PREAMP MUST SELL!!!
« on: 25 Oct 2007, 10:50 pm »
Hello everyone. It has come time for me to come up with some money so I am offering my personal
battery preamp done in Spalted Sycamore. :cry: I have said all along I would never sell this piece, but
this year has been tough for me and I have bills. Normally this would bring a premium price as it is very rare to find this good of spalted wood and it does have the piano finish on it. It is in as good of condition as the day I built it,(first one). The remote control has a small ding it it on one side, like someone hit something round with it, not bad though.Other than that it is in perfect working order and I will ship it with fresh batteries. It probably has 1000+ hours on it easily so it will not need any breakin time.Normally I would sell this for $4000 for the Spalted wood, but I will sell it for $3300 plus shipping. NO LESS DON'T ASK. I can ship it imediately.
Gary

JoshK

Re: DODD BATTERY PREAMP MUST SELL!!!
« Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2007, 02:31 pm »
Its the most gorgeous one IMO.  I absolutely love the spalted sycamore.  Good luck, someone is going to get a one of a kind treasure.

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2007, 02:40 pm »
Damn that is sweet looking! :thumb: I'm sure someone will snap that up Gary, your wait won't be long.....

Regards,
John

PS-Where's my T-shirt!! :lol:

gld

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2007, 03:22 pm »
John
Pm me about the shirts
Gary

IronLion

« Reply #4 on: 26 Oct 2007, 03:33 pm »
Gary, you have T-shirts?  I'd like to see the design if you got some...

EDS_

« Reply #5 on: 26 Oct 2007, 03:43 pm »
1.  Somebody needs to nut up right now.  I've heard this pre-it is world class. And it looks like a piece of art-heck it is a piece of art.

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #6 on: 30 Oct 2007, 03:10 pm »
What, it's still here??? If I didn't have to pay for my LS-9's.............

John

prokennex

« Reply #7 on: 30 Oct 2007, 03:25 pm »
Dam Gary, that's a beautiful looking preamp. If I didn't have to pump money to my Chiropractor for trying to heal my back, I would upgrade my midlevel pre for this.

I'll be jealous of the person that's gets this. Great pre and a wrk of art to boot.

Ray

S Clark

« Reply #8 on: 30 Oct 2007, 05:44 pm »
If, if, if, if ..... in my case, if I didn't already own one aa.  Maybe the bump will bring it to someone's attention.

gld

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: 3 Nov 2007, 02:34 am »
SOLD Thanks guys
Gary

pubul57

« Reply #10 on: 10 Aug 2008, 07:58 pm »
Just bought one this week. This is the best preamp I have ever had in my system after having a CAT SL1, Lamm LL2, Joule LA 150 MKII, ARC LS25, Placette RVC and Active, and BENT TAP. Don't let the price fool you, you can have a SOTA pre at this price point. Great sound and great looks, and love the use of half a triode of the tube, stretches the NOS budget quite a bit. Gary, hope you have lot's of success with the preamp, a great new product thrown into the mix.

prokennex

« Reply #11 on: 10 Aug 2008, 11:47 pm »
Well the if if if are over and I bought one also and I must say it looks and sounds great. Great at the frequency extremes. If you have full range speakers or minis with a sub well blended you will really appreciate what it can do.