norcal meet requests

Berndt

Re: norcal meet requests
« Reply #20 on: 2 Jun 2007, 06:56 pm »
Ok, I feel like my system has reached a certain equilibrium, (sigh of relief).
I am ready to commit to a firm date.
Let's say next weekend or the one after that? Is a week enough notice for a meet?
Still have same requests, Dacs, tuners, tt's (I have a phono section), cd players.
I'll bbq chicken this time so Ben can eat too.
Look forward to your thoughts.
Regards, Bill

Sonny

« Reply #21 on: 2 Jun 2007, 11:07 pm »
bill, good to hear, well, next weekend is no good for me...well, perhaps late saturday afternoon.  Perhaps the following weekend is better??? :thumb:

Berndt

« Reply #22 on: 2 Jun 2007, 11:11 pm »
16th or the 17th, with my vote being the 17th as perhaps R Burke can attend?

GBB

« Reply #23 on: 4 Jun 2007, 01:54 am »
Ok, I feel like my system has reached a certain equilibrium, (sigh of relief).
I am ready to commit to a firm date.
Let's say next weekend or the one after that? Is a week enough notice for a meet?

Bill,
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'd really like to attend.  Next weekend is out since I'll be traveling and even the weekend of the 16th and 17th isn't optimal.  I'll be returning to SFO on the 16th, so theoretically the 17th is possible if I'm not too jet lagged. 

And assuming I'm awake enough, I'd be glad to bring along a tuner or two and a phono stage.

Where would this be held?

---Gary

Berndt

« Reply #24 on: 4 Jun 2007, 02:50 am »
It would be at my place in Daly City.
I just realized it is Fathers Day, will that be a problem?
Spouses are welcome, my wife will be in attendance... :thumb:

R_burke

« Reply #25 on: 4 Jun 2007, 02:21 pm »
It is a problem for me, my wife is less understanding and appreciative of our little hobby than is Bill's  :cry: 

So if it's not too far out to plan, how about the 23/24 of June.  I will be happy to bring my Shanling T-100 CDP along with some headphones and a couple of growlers of local (Boulder Creek) microbrew  aa

Dan Driscoll

« Reply #26 on: 4 Jun 2007, 04:13 pm »
I'll be in Nevada next weekend, it's my mother's birthday, and I have a commitment for the 16th. I can do the 17th, 23rd or 24th. I can bring my Li Te Audio DAC 62 and I might also be able to bring an MMF-5 w/AT ML440 cartridge.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #27 on: 4 Jun 2007, 04:45 pm »
Heck, I'd love to meet so many of you guys  :thumb:

The 17th is okay for me (my Father's Day present to me  :wink: )...but understand if others can't.

23rd no good as I'll be Chicago...24th is okay.  But looks like no good for Dan.

I'm not around the next weekend June 30/July1).

Sonny

« Reply #28 on: 4 Jun 2007, 05:18 pm »
Why don't we set something up with a "vote" button so it's easier to track!
tuan

Berndt

« Reply #29 on: 5 Jun 2007, 12:29 am »
I'll make it easier yet.
I would be happy to host concurrent meetings.
Next Sunday the 17th and also the following Sunday the 24th.
Give me a heads up which dates you would like to attend and what sort of source items you would like to bring.
I have chicken to bbq for the 17th.
Lets start around noon?

My address is 61 chester st #1, Daly City 94014

pm me for my phone # if you want to talk first.

:D Bill :thumb:

R_burke

« Reply #30 on: 5 Jun 2007, 02:49 am »
Put me down for the 24th   :thumb:

Shanling CD t-100 CD Player
2 set of headphones - Sennheiser 580s (modified w/blue dragon cable and headphile cherry woodies) and a pair of Audio Technica W1000s

A few choice CDs - Jazz, rock, blues and maybe even a classical or two

2 Growlers of Boulder Creek Brewery Beer (to be determined, based on what's available), probably an IPA and an amber or a porter

Sonny

« Reply #31 on: 5 Jun 2007, 06:24 pm »
Bill, I will sign up for the 17th....
What would you like for me to bring?
T

Dan Driscoll

« Reply #32 on: 5 Jun 2007, 08:56 pm »
23rd no good as I'll be Chicago...24th is okay.  But looks like no good for Dan.

The 24th is fine for me. I think I'm the only Dan is this thread.  :scratch:  :wink:

Berndt

« Reply #33 on: 6 Jun 2007, 12:04 am »
Bill, I will sign up for the 17th....
What would you like for me to bring?
T

To bring?
Yourself, your friends, your favorite music, your appettite. If you wish to bring your favorite beverage feel free. Audio wise still casting the net out for DACS(and digital cabling), or your favorite source. I have a tube phono stage on the mapletree so probaly won't go down that path. I will be doing bbq'd chicken with at least one side for the 17th.
I was thinking of doing a seafood paella or a jambalaya for the 24th.
Look forward to finally meeting you.
Bill

GBB

« Reply #34 on: 6 Jun 2007, 12:22 am »

To bring?
Yourself, your friends, your favorite music, your appettite. If you wish to bring your favorite beverage feel free. Audio wise still casting the net out for DACS(and digital cabling), or your favorite source.

The 24th works better for me, so cast my vote for that if you're still trying to decide on the date.

Regarding equipment, I didn't know that you needed DACs.  I could bring a homebrew NOS TDA1541a DAC or a Citypulse DA7.2.  And I really like the Stereovox HDXV digital cables, which I have.  I'm also a big fan of the Squeezebox as a digital source - do you have one of those or are interested in hearing one?

---Gary

Berndt

« Reply #35 on: 6 Jun 2007, 12:38 am »
I am thinking of going for the gusto in regards to computer audio, the olive musica was the starting point for a noob.
Love to hear the squeezebox, and your dacs/cabling.
I hope the budget system avails itself.

GBB

« Reply #36 on: 6 Jun 2007, 04:45 am »
Love to hear the squeezebox, and your dacs/cabling.

The squeezebox isn't stock - I've modified it quite a bit.  Details here:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=24353.0

I think it sounds quite a bit better than the unmodified squeezebox and compares favorably with the more expensive transporter.
---Gary

toxteth ogrady

« Reply #37 on: 6 Jun 2007, 05:17 am »
If this is an open invitation I can bring my Eastern Electric M520 amp, Paradisea Dac and stock squeezebox for comparison with the modified version. I have a soccer game on the 24th but could make it after 12:00 or so.

Berndt

« Reply #38 on: 6 Jun 2007, 01:43 pm »
If this is an open invitation I can bring my Eastern Electric M520 amp, Paradisea Dac and stock squeezebox for comparison with the modified version. I have a soccer game on the 24th but could make it after 12:00 or so.

Why yes, this is an open invitation to all who wish to attend.
I would like to keep the component swapping limited to sources, albiet an amp comparison could be a future meet idea.
That and the magnepans I am running really prefer a stout 200w into 4ohms...

Sonny

« Reply #39 on: 6 Jun 2007, 04:57 pm »
Bill, seems the 24th works for more people...perhaps I'll change and go on the 24th as well!
is that ok?