All in one box streamer/wireless speaker systems

Bemopti123

All in one box streamer/wireless speaker systems
« on: 14 Jul 2016, 07:10 pm »
I do not know if it is the convenience or what but my main system with 2 turntables and other expensive gear is just sitting pretty while I spend more and more time with bluetooth speakers and other smaller, more convenient formats. 

I have been using the Definitive Technology D Cube bluetooth speaker since it came out about 2-3 years ago, it has 4 full range drivers and a large woofer that shots from the top.  It sounds as good as I can get.  This I use it on a stand in the kitchen.

Moreover, I have been playing with a Outdoor Technology Turtle Speaker version 2, which is this small rechargeable bluetooth speaker with 2 full range drivers on top, with a passive radiator on the back....the entire speaker is enclosed in a rubberized case, the battery life is incredible.  This I carry around places where I need to take it in order to work. 

The main source I use for these is my iPhone 6. 

When I am seated down in my desk, I run tunes or movies via my Chord MOJO and a pair of Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pros. 

I have been eyeing an all in one box solution, the Beoplay A6 or the Naim Muso QB as the next step up towards this venture. 

Is there anyone else here who has been making this transition from large rig to all portable or wireless setups?   :thumb: