Any Requests?

orthobiz

Re: Any Requests?
« Reply #20 on: 15 Oct 2011, 10:12 am »
Some labeled pics of members. So far I only "Recognize" lonewolf!

Paul

Dimfer

« Reply #21 on: 15 Oct 2011, 11:06 am »
pls report on Nova Physics Memory Player

vinyl_lady

« Reply #22 on: 15 Oct 2011, 01:28 pm »
The new cartridge setup thing. Peter Ledermann said it was finally ready and cheaper...

Paul

That's the primary reason I'm going, plus to hear the Strain Guage again. :drool: Someone at the bar last night told me it is ready and he was demonstrating it.

orthobiz

« Reply #23 on: 15 Oct 2011, 05:04 pm »
That's the primary reason I'm going, plus to hear the Strain Guage again. :drool: Someone at the bar last night told me it is ready and he was demonstrating it.

Much appreciated, Laura. Just got a VPI 10.5i and I'm ready to buy a Fozgometer for the azimuth thing...I'm interested in knowing if he had a special LP made for his Cartright. I spoke with him recently and he implied it was ready for RMAF and that it might be cheaper than previously reported. I've got the CounterIntuitive ready for my VPI counterweight. If he's taking advance orders, please PM me...

Paul

TheChairGuy

« Reply #24 on: 15 Oct 2011, 05:55 pm »
Some labeled pics of members. So far I only "Recognize" lonewolf!

Paul

Dr. Paul,

From last year's RMAF (a theft pic from woodsyi/Rim).

The guy getting choked is woodsyi/Father Theresa/Rim (choking compliments of Big Klaus Bunge of Odyssey)

The 'scary' looking dude in the pale blue, ever-so-slightly effeminate shirt with bandana - that's me - talking to Alex of Odyssey Audio  :wave:

It hadn't occurred to me previously that the shirt is a little girlie looking until I saw this pic...but, what the hay, it's sooo incredibly comfy in spun soft, organic cotton  :thumb:

John

jimdgoulding

« Reply #25 on: 15 Oct 2011, 06:17 pm »
Yes.  Somebody pleeeze tell me which Ani DiFranco CD Pez is carrying around?

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #26 on: 15 Oct 2011, 09:57 pm »
Stop back by. A few changes. Still big but tighter and more focused and realistic size.

diofan56

« Reply #27 on: 15 Oct 2011, 10:19 pm »
Hi there!

Could you please visit the Modwright room where the new KWI 200 integrated is being demoed?  I bought the other one that they have there.  I should be taking delivery of it this next Tuesday.  Woo-Hoo!

Also, I would be very interested in seeing and hearing about the new Legacy Audio speaker that is being demoed.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

yo2tup

« Reply #28 on: 15 Oct 2011, 10:30 pm »
Check out the Audio Note UK rooms and let us know how they sound.  i've always enjoyed these rooms.  one of these rooms uses some uber expensive front end gear this year.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #29 on: 15 Oct 2011, 10:52 pm »
Some planar speakers, please.
Is Well Tempered represented?

orthobiz

« Reply #30 on: 15 Oct 2011, 11:34 pm »
Dr. Paul,

From last year's RMAF (a theft pic from woodsyi/Rim).

The guy getting choked is woodsyi/Father Theresa/Rim (choking compliments of Big Klaus Bunge of Odyssey)

The 'scary' looking dude in the pale blue, ever-so-slightly effeminate shirt with bandana - that's me - talking to Alex of Odyssey Audio  :wave:

It hadn't occurred to me previously that the shirt is a little girlie looking until I saw this pic...but, what the hay, it's sooo incredibly comfy in spun soft, organic cotton  :thumb:

John

Your manhood is shining through the shirt :wink:

Thx for pic!

Paul

SoCalWJS

« Reply #31 on: 16 Oct 2011, 04:11 am »
Hi there!

Could you please visit the Modwright room where the new KWI 200 integrated is being demoed?  I bought the other one that they have there.  I should be taking delivery of it this next Tuesday.  Woo-Hoo!

Also, I would be very interested in seeing and hearing about the new Legacy Audio speaker that is being demoed.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Very well made. It was being used when I was in the room, but I'm not familiar with much of the equipment, specifically the speakers. The room as a whole sounded very good though.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #32 on: 16 Oct 2011, 06:35 am »

Very well made. It was being used when I was in the room, but I'm not familiar with much of the equipment, specifically the speakers. The room as a whole sounded very good though.

The speakers are the Daedalus Audio Athenas belonging to Wayne1 (Bolder Cable). Dan's reference speaker in his shop are the Daedalus Audio Ulysses. Very efficient, very natural sound and great dynamics. The integrated amp sounded great. I predict you are going to be very happy when it arrives. :thumb:

tesseract

« Reply #33 on: 16 Oct 2011, 07:35 am »
soundfield acoustics monitor 1's (sam1's) if they are being shown...

thanks,

doug s.

+1 for the SAM1's, pics and listening impressions, please.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #34 on: 16 Oct 2011, 08:52 am »
Yes.  Somebody pleeeze tell me which Ani DiFranco CD Pez is carrying around?

PEZ ain't carrying any CD's around.  He has the camera, I have the music :P

The song is Up, Up, Up, Up, Up - and it's off of her CD Up, Up, Up, Up, UP :D

Seriously, you don't want Pez choosing the music for these shows.  I pick Sibelius, Ani, Mahler, and Tool.  He'd pick Radiohead, Radiohead, Radiohead, and Bjork.

dminches

« Reply #35 on: 16 Oct 2011, 12:38 pm »
The speakers are the Daedalus Audio Athenas belonging to Wayne1 (Bolder Cable). Dan's reference speaker in his shop are the Daedalus Audio Ulysses. Very efficient, very natural sound and great dynamics. The integrated amp sounded great. I predict you are going to be very happy when it arrives. :thumb:

I listened to the Ulysses being driven by, in think, a pair of Avatar Acoustics amps, with a cut from Neil Young's Massey Hall vinyl and I thought I was in a time machine back in 1971. I was very impressed.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #36 on: 16 Oct 2011, 01:15 pm »
I listened to the Ulysses being driven by, in think, a pair of Avatar Acoustics amps, with a cut from Neil Young's Massey Hall vinyl and I thought I was in a time machine back in 1971. I was very impressed.

I was there too and it gave me goosebumps. It was my album. It is a very well-recorded record. Amazing what they could do 40 years ago.

Laura

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #37 on: 16 Oct 2011, 01:19 pm »
A request--Has anybody heard the DAC from Schiit yet???

dminches

« Reply #38 on: 16 Oct 2011, 01:25 pm »
I was there too and it gave me goosebumps. It was my album. It is a very well-recorded record. Amazing what they could do 40 years ago.

Laura

That is very cool. I can now place a face with a name since I saw you put the vinyl back in its sleeve. I should have known it was you since how many other women are here with their vinyl?  None probably!

vinyl_lady

« Reply #39 on: 16 Oct 2011, 05:02 pm »
Much appreciated, Laura. Just got a VPI 10.5i and I'm ready to buy a Fozgometer for the azimuth thing...I'm interested in knowing if he had a special LP made for his Cartright. I spoke with him recently and he implied it was ready for RMAF and that it might be cheaper than previously reported. I've got the CounterIntuitive ready for my VPI counterweight. If he's taking advance orders, please PM me...

Paul

Paul,
I am on my way home and posting from my iPhone. The Cartright will be available in Jan in two versions. The hardware version with test record for $899 and a software version for ipad, iphone, PC and droid with test record for about $250 I believe. I questioned Peter about the differences and he said none as far operation and accuracy. If you are computer phobic, get the hardware version. The software version may have updates down the road that would not be available to the hardware edition.

I will post my impressions of the room and his new cartridge with the cactus needle cantilever in the show coverage day 2 when I get home. Sitting on the plane now. First class upgrade :thumb:

Laura
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2011, 11:03 pm by vinyl_lady »