Welcome to the Forum - Introduce Yourself

Jayman

« Reply #20 on: 24 Oct 2004, 09:59 am »
Eric,

Thanks for the welcome.  I originally moved to China to study Chinese and learn more about China first-hand (one of my BA's is in Chinese Studies).  Once I got here I liked it so much I didn't want to leave and after two years at the university here in Beijing I began working for an American company out of Bethesda, MD that has significant operations throughout China.

I like it here alot and will miss it when I am gone!

PS - if anyone is wondering, my avatar is the Chinese character for "sound"

Mike Dzurko

Re: ACI withdrawal... hello from Beijing, China
« Reply #21 on: 24 Oct 2004, 01:35 pm »
Quote from: Jayman
Hello all.

My name is Jay.  I am originally from upstate NY but currently reside in Beijing.  Over 10 years ago I bought the Sapphire / Sub 1 kit and fell in love.  
In order to pay for college I sold my entire hi-fi system (lord knows college is not cheap!).  After college I moved to Beijing, China where I have been living for 6 years.  I have been suffering with a very mediocre system (including a pair of 600 series B&W's) for these years and to this day I pine for my old ACI's.

I wil ...

Jayman:

Glad to have you here! It must be very interesting to live in China. I hope to travel in China within the next couple of years.

Up until now, we at ACI have done a very poor job of supporting "group" auditions, get-togethers, etc. I take responsibility of this. I've just always felt that individual, in-home trial is the way to go. I still believe that to be the case, but there is certainly no reason it rules out other types of auditions and demos. Just this weekend one of our Titans was scheduled to "perform" at a get together in Austin, TX.  As a company, we need to encourage and support group demos, get-togethers, etc.

As a community, I hope that ACI owners and potential owners will work together to set up auditions, demos and lots of just plain fun! It can be as simple and cool as a customer with an ACI setup showing off his system for a couple of hours to someone in the neighborhood. It might be someone hosting a get-together for an afternoon or weekend. I'll be happy to support anyone who wants to host such an event. We can supply some of the gear. We can promote the events here and in our newsletter. My work schedule is pretty tight, but I'd love to show up when I can, hang out, swap stories, and buy a round  :)

Thank you Jayman, I'm going to use your "push" as the start of something fun!

Eric

« Reply #22 on: 24 Oct 2004, 04:53 pm »
I agree. I would be willing to host a listening session with my Jags in Illinois.

Jayman

« Reply #23 on: 27 Oct 2004, 06:48 am »
Mike,

Thanks for the kind welcome.  I see that you have in fact already started a sticky for people to use.  Great stuff! I am actually quite impressed with how quickly you moved on that.  I hope people do take advantage of it.  I know I will when the time comes :)

Living in China is very interesting and I am very glad to have the opportunity to live abroad in such a dynamic country.  If you ever need any advice or assistance gettings things going there for a visit feel free to contact me.  I am very willing to help.

Eric, I would love to hear a Jag/LFM setup...that's a bit out of my price range though.  Likely looking at the Panoramas or Sapphires with stereo subs (Titans).  I would like to hear the Sapphires vs. Panoramas setup as I have always been partial to two-way monitors over three-way, but Mike's other post suggests that the Panoramas are definitely better especially for mid-range (which is important to me as I listen to alot of vocals and acoustic folk/rock).

T60BILL

« Reply #24 on: 13 Nov 2004, 05:56 pm »
:o
Had a fellow member over to check out my EFE speakers last Sat. He told me about this forum...... Lots of good info and very little bashing.
I really enjoy reading about the set-up/equipment of others.
Current gear:
ATI 1506 Amp ( bridged for front 3 channels) :P
Denon 2802 Receiver
Arcam DV78
Hitachi wide screen
Sony CD changer and mini disc
JBL sub
EFE T60 main speakers, T22 center channel
Infinity rear speakers
Blue Jean and Cobalt cables

Eric

« Reply #25 on: 24 Nov 2004, 03:33 am »
Welcome to the Forum!!!!

ClausenLT

« Reply #26 on: 5 Dec 2004, 12:42 am »
Hey guys...nice forum you have hear...I bought a set of Sapphire III's from my brother about 9 years ago and they are still amazing! I have a pair of Sub 1's also that I have two Adcom 2535's running each. (1 side of each amp is bridgable to 200 watts which are wire to each sub.) I built my own center which is ok for now, since I couldn't afford the ACI center that I really want!

Mike, this is Dana Lind, btw.

I went up to see my family a couple weeks ago. My brother has a 5 channel set of Dunlevy speaks with a Mark Levinson AMP and DA and a B&K AVR that he uses for the surround pre/pro and centers and rear. Funny thing is I just didn't think they sounded as good as the Sapphire's. Especially at the price differance!!!! ( Plus I don't think he had it set up right for Surround Sound. You couldn't even tell he had a 15" 1000 watt Revel sub.)

ACI rocks!

Eric

« Reply #27 on: 5 Dec 2004, 02:33 pm »
Hi ClausenLT, welcome to the forum!!!!

fireman

« Reply #28 on: 5 Dec 2004, 03:59 pm »
Hi, I am also new to Audiocircle. I have been reading the postings for a while now and finally joined. The circle gives a lot of information for new people wanting to learn about audio equipment.

Eric

« Reply #29 on: 6 Dec 2004, 04:53 am »
Hi frireman. It is great to have you here!

Todd A.

Working on it....
« Reply #30 on: 17 Dec 2004, 03:30 pm »
I just joined a couple of weeks ago, and I'm looking to mate a pair of Force subs with my Martin Logan CLS IIZs, (been hooked on planars for years). I like the look of this forum - keep it up, folks. :D

Be well,
Todd

Mike Dzurko

Re: Working on it....
« Reply #31 on: 17 Dec 2004, 04:36 pm »
Quote from: Todd A.
I just joined a couple of weeks ago, and I'm looking to mate a pair of Force subs with my Martin Logan CLS IIZs, (been hooked on planars for years). I like the look of this forum - keep it up, folks. :D

Be well,
Todd

Todd:

Good to have you here! Throw us questions, we'll throw you answers  :D

And, please chime in whenever you can . . .

Eric

« Reply #32 on: 17 Dec 2004, 04:36 pm »
Hi Todd,

Welcome to the forum. Keep us posted on your Force subs. Please write a review one they are up an running

ksie

« Reply #33 on: 13 Jan 2005, 09:25 pm »
Hi folks,

I'm Karl, living in Virginia.  Owned a Sapphire IIe/Sub 1 combo for many years and finally bit the bullet last July on the Jag LFMs.  As you all know, ACI is a wonderful company with superior products.  I couldn't be more pleased with the two systems I've owned (and with the fact I beat the price increase :D ).

After using my old speaker cable for a while, I invested in some DH Labs Q10s.  Due to this change, and some personal things going on, I feel like it's only been in the last month or so that I have the Jag set-up broken-in.  I've also been trying to fine-tune the EQ settings (yeah, with my ears).

My system is a Unison Research integrated tube amp-12wpc, a CEC TL5150 Cd transport, Rega Planar 3 turntable, and an Adcom DAC.  I also use my old Adcom preamp as a phono stage.  I use the system for music listening only.

Eric

« Reply #34 on: 14 Jan 2005, 04:01 am »
Hi Karl,

Welcome to the site. I own the LFM's as well. They are a superb speaker.

steve nnn

« Reply #35 on: 6 Feb 2005, 11:00 am »
Hello ACI,

My name is Steve and I live in Sherwood Oregon. I have been lurking in the background for a few weeks now and thought I would register since I just pulled the trigger on the Maestro. I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

I plan on using the Maestro as a first or second option in the main if I like it :?:  I run the SVS PB12-Ultra/2 now in corner 1 along with the PB10-ISD pulling duty in the den.

Steve

Harry P

« Reply #36 on: 6 Feb 2005, 01:18 pm »
Steve, it will be very interesting to read your impressions of the Maestro. When are you getting it and what are you running for mains?

steve nnn

« Reply #37 on: 6 Feb 2005, 01:41 pm »
Hi Harry,

I'm running the Klipsch RB-75s and the C-7 matched up with Denon.

Mike says 3-4 weeks or so on receiving the Maestro.

Eric

« Reply #38 on: 6 Feb 2005, 02:37 pm »
Steve,

Welcome!! We will look forward to hearing from you regarding your new Maestro

steve nnn

« Reply #39 on: 9 Feb 2005, 10:02 pm »
Thank you Eric and I look forward to sharing my impressions.

Edward J M told me this last weekend that he will be doing a review on the Maestro in a few months. I'm really looking forward to it and there's where the treat will really lay.