Black Sand Violet ZII for Modwright Platinum Sony 9100

rpf

Got the new Black Sand Violet ZII with gold plated ATL connectors a few days ago and I'm very impressed. Significantly better than the Z1 (with either gold Furutechs or Oyaide). I've ordered another one and I'll post a review after I've had more time with them but I wanted to get out a heads up on a great value.

Jon L

Re: Black Sand Violet ZII for Modwright Platinum Sony 9100
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2008, 02:12 am »
Got the new Black Sand Violet ZII with gold plated ATL connectors a few days ago and I'm very impressed. Significantly better than the Z1 (with either gold Furutechs or Oyaide).

Have you tried the Z1 with stock connectors?  Some people have reported they prefer the Z1 with stock connectors over Oyaide b/c the with the latter, Z1 becomes too forward/hot. 

Later on, do post some detailed impressions of Z1 vs. ZII pls. 

rpf

« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2008, 03:31 am »
Got the new Black Sand Violet ZII with gold plated ATL connectors a few days ago and I'm very impressed. Significantly better than the Z1 (with either gold Furutechs or Oyaide).

Have you tried the Z1 with stock connectors?  Some people have reported they prefer the Z1 with stock connectors over Oyaide b/c the with the latter, Z1 becomes too forward/hot. 

Later on, do post some detailed impressions of Z1 vs. ZII pls. 

Will do.

No I haven't tried the stock connectors. The Z1/Oyaide I have is the Direct Gold. Forward/hot? I could certainly see that with the Rhodium/Silver or even the Palladium/Gold but I haven't found that with the Direct Gold at all.

HumanMedia

« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2008, 05:52 am »
IMO the Violet with the Oyaide Palladium-Platinum-Berylium Copper (the P-004 / C-004 combo) is the best of all. (It has replaced a stock Violet)

IronLion

« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2008, 05:57 am »
I have a ZII with the ATL connectors which are copper/silver/gold/4 layers of Rhodium.  Will post impressions when they're more concrete, though that may be a while until my new speakers arrive.