Wireless with NuPrime Dac10 ?

mcmusicman

Wireless with NuPrime Dac10 ?
« on: 3 Jan 2020, 08:29 pm »
I love my Dac10 and want to make the jump up from Spotify to the better quality services.
(Currently using an old model WR100D to stream to my Dac10)

I would rather not learn the hard way and ask for suggestions here.  I did a trial of Qobuz and Tidal, but neither of their apps would recognize the WR100D. 

So, what is the best way to stream to my DAC10 and get the better sampling rates and lossless quality?
The D-Stream app was clunky and limited to use when I tested it to add Tidal/Qobuz to my WR100D
Omnia WR1 a good choice?  Will it work from the Tidal or Qobuz application? 
Optical In and Coax Out to the Dac10?

My long term plan this spring is to configure my own Roon Server.   Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

JackD

Re: Wireless with NuPrime Dac10 ?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jan 2020, 03:28 am »
This looks like an easy and inexpensive alternative until you get around to building the Roon box. Has optical and coax outputs.

https://www.nordacoustics.co.uk/product-page/nord-easy-stream-connect-pro

Fenek

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jan 2020, 09:19 am »
It´s easy to run the wr100d or wr1 with qobuz, tidal, spotify etc. using an independent app like bubbleupnp ( android) or mconnect( ios)

swifri

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jan 2020, 05:06 pm »
u could pick up a little raspberry and put a digi transport hat on it it - like an "allo digiOne" or similar - there are some of them https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-allo-digione-rpi-s-pdif.5418/".
i use such a thing as a simple sound/video streamer by putting open source software like kodi on it.

rustydoglim

« Reply #4 on: 9 Jan 2020, 09:09 pm »
I would rather not learn the hard way and ask for suggestions here.  I did a trial of Qobuz and Tidal, but neither of their apps would recognize the WR100D. 
You need to upgrade to latest D-Stream app, and access Qobuz or Tidal from within the App.

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jan 2020, 05:41 am »
u could pick up a little raspberry and put a digi transport hat on it it - like an "allo digiOne" or similar - there are some of them https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-allo-digione-rpi-s-pdif.5418/".
i use such a thing as a simple sound/video streamer by putting open source software like kodi on it.
This!!!

And, since you mention Roon, this would allow to configure the Raspian-based OS into a Roon Renderer so you need a server and this would be a very nice renderer with bit-perfect audio.

I have exactly this as my source fed into the DAC-10 in one room and to a Chord Qutest on another room, with incredible results!  Cannot go wrong with this approach.

It is more hands-on that off the shelf ready products.  But it sounds much better, IMHO.

Rafa.