Soundfield Audio Monitor 1... Here We Go!

dangerbird

Re: Soundfield Audio Monitor 1... Here We Go!
« Reply #180 on: 18 Mar 2012, 03:38 pm »
I hope to get my ear on a pair of these soon.I'm gonna be in the Tampa/St Pete area soon,and I've heard alot of good reviews about them,,very good indeed. :thumb:

shadowlight

« Reply #181 on: 18 Mar 2012, 03:54 pm »
the owner of the speakers drove in from Connecticut (what a name for a state) but I always forget names...super nice guy.

That would be Jim (AC Handle Hogg)

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #182 on: 18 Mar 2012, 04:43 pm »
  AJ Hi whats up ??

charles

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #183 on: 18 Mar 2012, 05:16 pm »
AJ I heard your speakers today at a gathering in NJ.....excellent, we didn't do any tweaking as far as setup, they just put them on stands and boom they are really special. I've always loved JBL's but my next speakers will be yours. We need to talk about how to proceed......they will be perfect for my room.....I'll PM you in next few days...Thanks Ed L.
Thanks Ed. Hey, the original at CapFest had...JBL subwoofer drivers :wink:. Still not sure if I can top the bass performance of those drivers with the million+ others I've tried. Not sure how many folks would want that JBL logo looking back at them, but you may be the exception :lol:.
Glad you liked them.

cheers,

AJ

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #184 on: 18 Mar 2012, 05:23 pm »
Does AJ just have this one model so far or is there another type yet???? They are made so well, everybody that lifted them said they were built out like tanks. We also heard Gallo 3.2?-the ones with the orbs and the big soup pot speaker turned in. A big black covering over it all.."Reference" model...whatever. They were excellent also but AJ's to me just drew me in faster and I found myself marveling at the sound.
 Its funny as "Lonewolf" and I were discussing stand mounted monitors we have heard and I asked him "what do I get next?" and we both mentioned these and then found out some were there...very, very nice and as I have heard very affordable for most folks...not I said Ed but most---LOL...hahahahaha :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: A great day that got me thinking of other things instead of my recent loss. Thanks Bill "Pumpkinman" for the ride. :thumb:
I have a larger model (not yet on the website and I'm terrible at photos, so the Stereophile one will have to do) http://www.stereophile.com/content/soundfield-audio-0
Btw, I still have Lonewolf to thank for half my demo music. Those NY raves have some real gems and he was kind enough to give me the sampler Cds at RMAF.

cheers,

AJ

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #185 on: 18 Mar 2012, 05:25 pm »
  AJ Hi whats up ??

charles
You've got mail  :wink:

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #186 on: 19 Mar 2012, 06:19 pm »
Great chatting with you this morning AJ! I look forward to checking these out!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

pslate

« Reply #187 on: 18 May 2012, 09:32 pm »
AJ dropped my pair off at FedEx today :P Can't wait to see those Tang Band W8-740P drivers move!! It's crazy, now at my monitor museum I have:

Selah Verita
Selah Aura Jr.
Ascend CBM 170se
Wharfedale Pro Diamond 8 (passive)

What's one more pair right?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #188 on: 18 May 2012, 09:33 pm »
Awesome!

I wish AJ would send me a pair too.   :green:

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #189 on: 18 May 2012, 10:00 pm »
Can't wait to see those Tang Band W8-740P drivers move!!

Sooo, he went with the TB drivers, huh?  Could be a great replacement for the JBL car audio sub I heard them with as this TB sub sort of straddles the car audio/audiophile/HT market.   Fs: 28 Hz, I wonder how low they go in AJ's box.

TomS

« Reply #190 on: 18 May 2012, 10:40 pm »
Awesome!

Ooooh a tour for a beater pair maybe  :thumb:

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #191 on: 18 May 2012, 10:40 pm »
AJ dropped my pair off at FedEx today :P Can't wait to see those Tang Band W8-740P drivers move!!
Don't jinx us Paul, let them deliver, unscathed...before we get too excited :wink:.

If you go to CapFest, I'll give you a pair....of Newcastles :green:

Sooo, he went with the TB drivers, huh?  Could be a great replacement for the JBL car audio sub I heard them with as this TB sub sort of straddles the car audio/audiophile/HT market.   Fs: 28 Hz, I wonder how low they go in AJ's box.
Dan, I think we can both agree the JBLs rocked. I think we can also both agree that no self respecting audiophile on earth wants "JBL Car Subs" :o in their rig, SQ, performance, whatever be damned. 'Tis the way of the world.
The production version never had JBLs, used ED's instead. Looked great, sounded great (but not better than the JBL)...so naturally...they discontinued it.
I've probably tried every 8" sub available (including Scan Speak, etc.), except the GR/Rythmik servo...still no new amp available (only the existing too large one).
The TB's are on par with the JBLs, maybe a smidge better. I've hit them with the usual fare at silly levels, Firebird Suite, etc. (that would turn 7" 2 ways into smoking confetti :lol:) and they maintain composure. Extension is still 20-30's in every room I've had them in. If I bring a pair to Capfest I'll measure them in front of you over a Newcastle. Unless that Inner Urban guy shows up :wink:
I'd have to assume you'll be there.

cheers,

AJ

pslate

« Reply #192 on: 19 May 2012, 12:57 am »
Awesome!

I think you deserve a pair for being such a good AC citizen :D Man they'd sing with your N-cores. Mine will get a nice dose of SDS-254.

MaxCast

« Reply #193 on: 19 May 2012, 01:15 am »
Ooooh a tour for a beater pair maybe  :thumb:

I'm first  :D

pslate

« Reply #194 on: 21 May 2012, 07:45 pm »
FedEx is just to fast :thumb:
Speakers will be coming to the office when I'm not around, the one day in months I'm not here all day. I may have to hazard a secret mission to the office. Head down, baseball cap on :thumb: It's sad, we live in a nice neighborhood in Chicago, but once it's baseball season (or around Christmas), anything not bolted down is promptly stolen.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #195 on: 21 May 2012, 07:58 pm »
  I have a pair from AJ in NY for demo in the tri-State area.  if anyone is interested. Just PM me .  These little overachievers are getting some great press and reactions from the average Joe. They are not my Pipedreams but Man O Man they make ya wonder. Very well done AJ.

charles

Dr.Cmnsky

« Reply #196 on: 21 May 2012, 08:05 pm »
I hope to get my ear on a pair of these soon.I'm gonna be in the Tampa/St Pete area soon,and I've heard alot of good reviews about them,,very good indeed. :thumb:

Did you find a set to audition in Tampa?

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #197 on: 21 May 2012, 08:13 pm »
  I have a pair from AJ in NY for demo in the tri-State area.  if anyone is interested. Just PM me .  These little overachievers are getting some great press and reactions from the average Joe. They are not my Pipedreams but Man O Man they make ya wonder. Very well done AJ.

charles
I heard them at the LSAF and was blown away.  Now compared to Pipedreams....

List price of Soundfield monitor X 75 = list price of the Pipedreams  :o

I could swap my LS9s for a pair and not be terribly unhappy.
Scott

Rclark

« Reply #198 on: 21 May 2012, 08:35 pm »
I could swap my LS9s for a pair and not be terribly unhappy.
Scott

WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW  :o

SlushPuppy

« Reply #199 on: 21 May 2012, 08:39 pm »
WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW  :o

X 2  :icon_surprised: