KRAFTWERK

John Casler

KRAFTWERK
« on: 20 Jun 2005, 02:25 am »
Been listening to Electric Cafe quite a bit for the last few weeks and just picked up the new LIVE double album Minimum - Maximum.

Although one might wonder how you can listen to 2 CD's worth of Industrial Electronica, it is a pretty good double album, actually ending (ironically enough) with "MUSIC nonSTOP" (techno pop) from Electric Cafe.

I assume there are a few KW fans here.

gongos

KRAFTWERK
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jun 2005, 05:36 am »
I saw them in concert a little over a year ago. I never thought I cound have so much fun watching 4 guys stand still. One of the best shows I've seen. Hopefully, they'll release a DVD of their recent shows.

timbley

Kraftwerk
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2005, 05:51 am »
My girlfriend introduced me to Kraftwerk with their Tour de France album. She saw them live in Portland, OR recently. I missed that, darn.
Great stuff. I need to listen to some more of their albums.

gongos

KRAFTWERK
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun 2005, 06:32 am »
Tour de France is their "worst" album. The rest of their discography is amazing.

timbley

KRAFTWERK
« Reply #4 on: 20 Jun 2005, 06:56 am »
Well then, I've got a lot to look forward to. I thought Tour de France was very nice.

MaxCast

KRAFTWERK
« Reply #5 on: 20 Jun 2005, 11:42 am »
Nice avatar, Timbley.  I never knew Fred was an audiofile.  No AC, DC or batteries required...very nice.  Maybe a upgrade form a box turtle to a snapper would liven things up a bit. :lol:  .........later!

timbley

KRAFTWERK
« Reply #6 on: 20 Jun 2005, 01:52 pm »
Thanks! I don't know how the bird makes the sound come through. Either it sings it for you, or it's little head and beak resonates loudly.

doug s.

• makin' music
Re: KRAFTWERK
« Reply #7 on: 20 Jun 2005, 10:07 pm »
Quote from: John Casler
Been listening to Electric Cafe quite a bit for the last few weeks and just picked up the new LIVE double album Minimum - Maximum.

Although one might wonder how you can listen to 2 CD's worth of Industrial Electronica, it is a pretty good double album, actually ending (ironically enough) with "MUSIC nonSTOP" (techno pop) from Electric Cafe.

how's the bass?  :wink:  this is one album i mentioned on the bass software thread that has good deep synthesized bass.  'course i never realized it until i heard it on some ol' vmps super-tower-lll's about ten years back.  :)

i also really like the album "computer world"...

doug s.

electricbear

kraftwerk
« Reply #8 on: 20 Jun 2005, 10:17 pm »
I saw them in Aberdeen Scotland back in the early 90s. This was back in the days when I still indulged in recreational pharmaceuticals and I rather overdid it that night. I got to my chair and couldn't move until almost the end of the concert. Good concert though, great visuals....ah those were the days.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
KRAFTWERK
« Reply #9 on: 21 Jun 2005, 05:34 am »
This reminds me of High Fidelity:

Jack Black:  "You wouldn't know my influences- they're mostly German."

John Cusack:  "Oh, Falco?  Kraftwerk?  Hasslehoff?"

:lol:

Soundbitten

« Reply #10 on: 21 Jun 2005, 07:36 pm »

I just picked this up recently and played it all the way through and it's very good and quite listenable ( the sound is excellent ) . It's like a " best of " spread over 2 cds . The crowd noise is minimal which is the way I like it .
It would be great listening on an auto trip .

John Casler

« Reply #11 on: 21 Jun 2005, 08:52 pm »
Quote from: doug s.
how's the bass?  :wink:  this is one album i mentioned on the bass software thread that has good deep synthesized bass.  'course i never realized it until i heard it on some ol' vmps super-tower-lll's about ten years back.  :)

doug s.

Hey Doug,

The bass is good, but if you think this has bass, (which it does) ya gotta get that American Beauty (Original Score) CD.  It must be 5-10 Hz lower and louder.  No kidding!!

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #12 on: 21 Jun 2005, 09:08 pm »
Quote from: doug s.

doug s.

Hey Doug,

The bass is good, but if you think this has bass, (which it does) ya gotta get that American Beauty (Original Score) CD.  It must be 5-10 Hz lower and louder.  No kidding!!

i will if you get nusrat fateh ali khan & michael brook's "night song"  :wink:

doug s.