Rolling Stones-Four Flicks DVD(s)

Marbles

« on: 13 May 2005, 02:35 am »
When Keith looks like the youngest Stone, you know it's time to hang it up.

After watching the first few songs on the "Theater" DVD, I think I'm glad the Beatles broke up in their prime.

This is tough to watch....it's like watching your parents try to rock out....man it just doesn't work for me.

Jay S

« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2005, 02:40 am »
I saw the Stones in concert about a year ago when they came to Hong Kong.  They sounded great but they really looked old.  Not sure if you've heard this nickname:  Strolling Bones.  Mick, to his credit, was on the move throughout the concert going from end to end of the stage.  

A cousin of mine had his own rock band in the 60s when he was a teenager.  A few years ago the band reformed to play at our family reunion.  Imagine 50/60-something guys jamming on their electric guitars with their reading glasses perched on the tips of their noses!  It was great fun.

rosconey

« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2005, 10:48 am »
the stones just announced they are doing another tour :lol:

Jay S

« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2005, 01:29 pm »
Well they are certainly trying to take good care of themselves now.  A friend saw them and their entourage in the First Class lounge of Cathay Pacific after their concert in Hong Kong... They had nutritionists, etc with them.  Seems like like the days of hard and fast living are past...