New guy

Joecarlisle

New guy
« on: 22 Jan 2024, 05:28 pm »
Heyo
Found GR Research through YouTube. I think it was jays Iyagi’s visit. Love the whole concept

I have a pair of GoldenEar BRX that I’m excited to upgrade but I also have a matching GoldenEar SuperCenter. If I upgrade the BRX will I maintain the vocal/timbre matching with the center?  In general I only have the MLP so running a phantom center is not a problem at alll and it some cases I prefer it.

Thanks!

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: New guy
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2024, 10:28 pm »
Heyo
Found GR Research through YouTube. I think it was jays Iyagi’s visit. Love the whole concept

I have a pair of GoldenEar BRX that I’m excited to upgrade but I also have a matching GoldenEar SuperCenter. If I upgrade the BRX will I maintain the vocal/timbre matching with the center?  In general I only have the MLP so running a phantom center is not a problem at alll and it some cases I prefer it.

Thanks!

The upgrade for the BRX uses the same crossover layout and values as the original, so it doesn't change the sound of the BRX as it already measured very well.
The better quality parts improves the clarity and soundstage performance of the speaker.
So the overall timbre will still be a match between both models.