New All-Poly crossover option

vinyl_lady

Re: New All-Poly crossover option
« Reply #60 on: 22 Jul 2010, 04:42 am »
Mark,

thanks for your posts. Since we have the same speakers now and the same amp, I found myself nodding in agreement and smiling as I read your post. It really is very hard to to find the right words to describe how the AP crossovers take an already great speaker to a whole new level of performance.

Enjoy!

Laura

LP1

« Reply #61 on: 22 Jul 2010, 08:31 pm »
Yesterday, I placed my order for a pair of walnut Ulysses with the all-poly crossover. I am very excited. It's going to be a loooong two months before they're delivered.

figcon

« Reply #62 on: 22 Jul 2010, 09:07 pm »
Hey Evan.....Congratulations. It will be a long two months to be sure, but well worth the waiting.

david12

« Reply #63 on: 23 Jul 2010, 08:18 am »
Yes indeed, well worth the wait. I often wonder if I should have gone for the Ulysses, but in truth, I could'nt fit them in. I'll rephrase that, my wife would'nt let me try to fit them in, that's life.

At RMAF, having listened carefully to the Ulysses and Da-RMas, I am not sure there is a lot in it. I did'nt detect any base loss in the monitors. I would think the bigger speakers would fill a large room better, but there really was'nt a lot in it, for me anyway.

dodgealum

« Reply #64 on: 23 Jul 2010, 12:10 pm »
Evan:

Great news...congrats! If you ever want a taste to remind you while you wait just come on by. 

LP1

« Reply #65 on: 23 Jul 2010, 01:59 pm »
Mark,

I'll take you up on that as well as your offer to help me setup the speakers when they arrive!!!!

Evan

mountain1

« Reply #66 on: 13 Sep 2010, 10:42 pm »
Lou installed the all-poly crossovers on my DA1.1's in August.  They now have over 400 hours on them after the conversion.  I was very happy with speakers before, but now they are performing on a much higher level.   All important attributes have improved significantly.  I have trouble putting into words just how great they are so I won't even try.  This note is just to add one more voice to the others who have raved about the speakers.

jazdoc

« Reply #67 on: 20 Feb 2011, 08:24 pm »
Gang,

I finally had Lou install the poly crossover upgrade this week.  The change is not subtle and all for the good.  The speakers are faster, go deeper and retain the Daedalus 'house sound'.  Lou even buffed up the finish for me.

Highly recommended!

vinyl_lady

« Reply #68 on: 21 Feb 2011, 04:56 pm »
Gang,

I finally had Lou install the poly crossover upgrade this week.  The change is not subtle and all for the good.  The speakers are faster, go deeper and retain the Daedalus 'house sound'.  Lou even buffed up the finish for me.

Highly recommended!

Welcome to the All-Poly club Mark :thumb: I think we all agree that the upgrade is more than worth the cost.

Laura