M Series footers

aniwolfe

M Series footers
« on: 18 Jul 2019, 04:38 pm »
Hello
The M series (not Sapphire) come with Plastic and Metal spikes. Has anyone compared the 2 and prefer one over the other? Anyone experiment with aftermarket spikes with success?

At this moment I am using the hard plastic on my wood floor and they sound good. Will try the metal spikes soon.

Thanks

yakbob

Re: M Series footers
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jul 2019, 05:04 pm »
I use hockey pucks with threaded brass inserts that get bolted to the bottoms of my M3s. I did not notice a change in sound, but the pucks offer some floor protection.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jul 2019, 05:14 pm »
Hello
The M series (not Sapphire) come with Plastic and Metal spikes. Has anyone compared the 2 and prefer one over the other? Anyone experiment with aftermarket spikes with success?

At this moment I am using the hard plastic on my wood floor and they sound good. Will try the metal spikes soon.

Thanks

Is your wood floor a suspended floor ? Wood over concrete ? Either spiking or decoulping are your options. However we need to know the floor construction for best recco.

charles

aniwolfe

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jul 2019, 05:35 pm »

Is your wood floor a suspended floor ? Wood over concrete ? Either spiking or decoulping are your options. However we need to know the floor construction for best recco.

charles

Wood over concrete