NEW ZenWave PSR-14 UPOCC Silver Ribbon Power Cable

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Re: NEW ZenWave PS14 UPOCC Silver Ribbon Power Cable
« Reply #20 on: 19 Jun 2019, 04:10 pm »
We have a couple more signed up, so I'm going to make another demo cable. They will reside happily in my system if not being demo'd, and I'm really starting to miss having them around so I can justify it...  :)

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #21 on: 19 Jun 2019, 05:12 pm »
Yes sir. I hear you! I am working on getting these fitted throughout my system. The one cable made such a huge impression on me and my system, it sounds broken now that the demo cable is gone! I thought I could get used to it again maybe, but that ain't happening. Hang in there a bit longer Dave, while I compile.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #22 on: 19 Jun 2019, 05:40 pm »
I need to think about this.
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2019, 09:02 pm by mresseguie »

bernardo

« Reply #23 on: 2 Jul 2019, 01:19 am »
Well guys you will want this cable if you audition it. I’ve tried it on 3 different components (CD Transport, Preamp, low power MOSFET amp) – the power cord enhances the strengths of all of them. I have not been totally satisfied with my preamp until I used the PS14 on it - the improvement was stunning. 

I concur with what has been stated by Paul79 about this cable. FWIW I started with Richard Gray power cords on all my components years ago then replaced most of them with Zenwave PL power cords with Furutech FI-50 NCF plugs a few years back – the three components I tried the PS14 on had the PL cords. I have not tried any other silver power cords.

I have sent the PS14 to A_Shah – you’re going to love it – one PS14 will be enough to hear what it can do. If I could pick only one of the three components to use the PS14 on I would choose the preamp.

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #24 on: 2 Jul 2019, 04:25 pm »
I need to think about this.

Even better to experience this!  :icon_twisted:

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #25 on: 2 Jul 2019, 04:30 pm »
Well guys you will want this cable if you audition it. I’ve tried it on 3 different components (CD Transport, Preamp, low power MOSFET amp) – the power cord enhances the strengths of all of them. I have not been totally satisfied with my preamp until I used the PS14 on it - the improvement was stunning. 

I concur with what has been stated by Paul79 about this cable. FWIW I started with Richard Gray power cords on all my components years ago then replaced most of them with Zenwave PL power cords with Furutech FI-50 NCF plugs a few years back – the three components I tried the PS14 on had the PL cords. I have not tried any other silver power cords.

I have sent the PS14 to A_Shah – you’re going to love it – one PS14 will be enough to hear what it can do. If I could pick only one of the three components to use the PS14 on I would choose the preamp.

Awesome, thanks very much for trying the cable and posting your thoughts. :D

As far as the tour schedule, pursuitofnow was skipped (sorry!), but only because he's on vacation so he'll get the cable next. I also have a new demo PS14 warming up on the cable cooker, so that should reduce wait times.  :green:

A_shah

« Reply #26 on: 3 Jul 2019, 03:21 am »

@ Bernardo, thanks ! as per USPS I should have it by Friday ! Read the whole thread now so I am revising my post ! Ok will try it with my Pre-amp and source components

Asghar

All my sockets are PS audio Classic , semi dedicated line with PS audio Deckert power conditioner and noise harvesters

« Last Edit: 3 Jul 2019, 05:06 am by A_shah »

A_shah

« Reply #27 on: 3 Jul 2019, 07:31 pm »
WOW !
just received the PS14 and connected it to  my Tube pre-amp. For me the best time to listen is between 11 -am and 6 pm as my electricity is pretty clean ( sol;ar)my noises harvesters  don't blink at all .

I alway believe in the first impression before I get confused with too many listening sessions . Any way  I am very impressed with the Bass ! clean and very tight  definitely lower noise floor ! the next impression I get is the mid's & the high's   very detailed and sonically very pleasing , in  most cases it is the small improvements that matter but with this PS-14 PC the improvements are very clear , the cable seems to be fast ? which is fine with me or maybe it is just my subjective impression
more to come later in a few days. :D :popcorn:

Asghar

pursuitofnow

« Reply #28 on: 14 Jul 2019, 11:10 pm »
Hey Asghar, I'm curious if there has been any development, improvements, etc.?

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #29 on: 15 Jul 2019, 06:14 pm »
Hey Asghar, I'm curious if there has been any development, improvements, etc.?

He may need a little more time, the male AC plug's ground prong was damaged so I sent him the new demo cable and have repaired the one he had, it's no big deal but cost a week or so of demo time. The ground prong is a little bit delicate and I should have included better packaging and instructions, which are included with the demo cable A_Shah has now. I think that will prevent issues in the future. I apologize for the delay!

pursuitofnow

« Reply #30 on: 16 Jul 2019, 01:41 am »
Thanks for the update, Dave. I was genuinely wondering since the previous post said "...more to come later in a few days." That was July 3, but yeah makes sense now hearing about the damaged ground prong.

Delta77

« Reply #31 on: 16 Jul 2019, 01:12 pm »
I would like to get on the list please..

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #32 on: 17 Jul 2019, 06:50 pm »
I would like to get on the list please..

Sure, you are welcome!  :thumb:

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #33 on: 17 Jul 2019, 06:58 pm »
  Hi Dave. Interesting PC. What Ga. is it ?

charles

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #34 on: 17 Jul 2019, 07:03 pm »
Here's a new photo... I'm currently working on a new website, new pics, new cables! :)

Charles, it is a 14g cable including ground leg. There will also be an 11g version available in the very near future.

jmolsberg

« Reply #35 on: 17 Jul 2019, 10:31 pm »
That's such a rad looking cable. Even better sounding apparently. Well done Dave!

ketcham

• Industry Participant
« Reply #36 on: 17 Jul 2019, 11:31 pm »
I look at these and think Buck Rogers, which was a favorite for me.  My only fear is they are so shiny my 80 lb puppy will chew them up.  Definitely on my 'to do' list for upgrades.  Those with tube gear, I would love to read your impressions.

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #37 on: 18 Jul 2019, 03:55 am »
That's such a rad looking cable. Even better sounding apparently. Well done Dave!

I look at these and think Buck Rogers, which was a favorite for me.  My only fear is they are so shiny my 80 lb puppy will chew them up.  Definitely on my 'to do' list for upgrades.  Those with tube gear, I would love to read your impressions.

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

I've been thinking a lot about aesthetics and surveying folks as to what they like. ZenWave is intended to offer the best value on high end cables, so I started off neglecting looks to a degree. Over time I think I've found a happy medium in terms of how much cost is added vs making the cable look cool... and I plan on offering a couple of jacket option on the new website.

As far as shiny, moreso in the pics... my Dad and I took the pics, we're working on some softer lighting to keep it from being too sparkly. It looks cool but I think the sparkle is bit overdone by the lighting used.

I'm about ready to post these new carbon fiber dampers for the locking barrels of my RCA plugs on D3.5, D4 and D5 IC cables... I've had them for a couple months now, but I wanted to get some out there in folks hands. They will be offered as a trade-in, customers with my previous design using white viscoelastic dampers will get a big discount as well. I think the new cable design with the new plug dampers came out really nicely!

pursuitofnow

« Reply #38 on: 18 Jul 2019, 05:17 am »
I agree, great looking cable!

I'm also digging the carbon fiber dampers on my D4 ICs. I find them to be noticeably quieter creating a sense of more space around or between instruments. They look great as well, IMO.

RDavidson

« Reply #39 on: 18 Jul 2019, 02:24 pm »
I have the new carbon fiber dampers on my D4's also and think they're fantastic. Not only do they look great and provide the sonic benefits of damping, they're MUCH more durable than the viscoelastic bands. To me they're a no-brainer and elevate an already exceptional product.