Cherry Marashino comparing to the new out there.

RCduck7

Cherry Marashino comparing to the new out there.
« on: 23 Dec 2023, 08:48 pm »
Hello, Ochard audio would be one of the go to class D amps in this day and age when searching for the best class D has to offer at a not insane price. That is what i make out of experiences on youtube. How would these amps compare to the Cherry Marashino with or without a bigger power supply?? Would it be wise to invest in the new or is the Cherry still that good?? Or even better then the newer amps?? Did anyone have listened to other modern class D amps other then these Cherry amps?

eduke55

Re: Cherry Marashino comparing to the new out there.
« Reply #1 on: 23 Dec 2023, 11:19 pm »
Orchard audio has been getting a lot of good press and reviews and they probably deserve high praise for the value they apparently bring. I have owned quite a few Class D amps and the best I have heard is from AGD. They are quite expensive but are the leading edge of Class D and in particular GaN amplification, imho. Rogue, Jeff Rowland, Bel Canto, all make Class D amps based on Hypex, Purifi, Pascal and there might be others. I owned Rogue, Bel Canto and Jeff Rowland, and of these three the Jeff Rowland sound best. I had two of their 125 models set up as mono blocs. Lots of power and built like tanks. I believe Orchard offer a 30 day no questions ask return policy. Give it a try. Good luck.

MttBsh

« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2023, 02:19 am »
I happened to come across this comparison:

"We’ve got their (Orchard Audio) lower end but more affordable GaN Monoblocks in for review with Michael Zisserson. He likes them more than his AGD amp which cost $5,700."

For a few years now I've been thoroughly enjoying a King Stereo Maraschino amp and I don't have any urge to upgrade because it sounds so good, but I think I'd check out Orchard Audio if I ever feel the need to change.

RonN5

« Reply #4 on: 24 Dec 2023, 01:20 pm »
I owned the 2Cherry for two years… great sounding amp in my system at the time which included a Belles 22a preamp and Salk Veracity STs.

I auditioned the Orchard Audio Stereo Ultra version 1 a year ago for a week. It was better than the 2 Cherry… cleaner top end with zero brightness and more defined bottom end.

One concern about the 2 Cherry… the binding posts were close together and not insulated and without care a short was easy which would shut the amp down and with Tommy gone it is hard to get repaired.

Nick B

« Reply #5 on: 24 Dec 2023, 05:54 pm »
I bought the demo Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra amp while on tour and it’s great amp and a keeper. Nice to have a solid state amp with a 6ns7 Supratek Chardonnay preamp….a great combo

RCduck7

« Reply #6 on: 29 Dec 2023, 03:38 am »
What about (mono)
 amps like a 5 channel??

Charles Xavier