One reason I love this hobby

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
One reason I love this hobby
« on: 18 Feb 2015, 02:51 pm »
Amazing customer service and a tremendous feeling of immunity COMMUNITY.   :duh:.  Just in the past week…...

1.  Noticed an intermittent buzz on one of my Magnepans.  Called the company and the young lady (Shirley?) couldn't have been more pleasant to deal with.  She connected me with Wendell The Great and he was very helpful in discussing possible solutions.  He even remembered the long-gone Maggie dealer where I worked 40 years ago.

2.  While rebuilding my VPI record cleaner (MDF got wet) I lost some parts and couldn't find a phone # for VPI.   Called VPI dealer Acoustic Sounds in Salina, Kansas, and we chatted for 30+ minutes, about amps, speakers, real estate, finance, music, you name it.  And he gave me VIP's number.

3.  Left a message with VIP and they called back to say the tech was out for a few hours and to email my request for a parts list/exploded diagram. 

4.  Early this morning I get a detailed email from Harry Weisfeld, asking what parts I need.  The machine is so old they don't have digital archives but he's sure they have whatever I need. 

5.  And some years back a shorted tube zapped my Martin-Logan stat panel.   I pulled the panels and covers, dropped in unannounced at the ML facility, and they dropped everything to test it all and gave me a great deal on new 'stat panels.

All this, and great music and camaraderie!     :thumb: :bowdown:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: One reason I love this hobby
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2015, 04:45 pm »
I do believe you forgot to mention how helpful you are to newbies - especially TT newbies!  :thumb: