Outstanding Customer Service - DSpeaker

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
Outstanding Customer Service - DSpeaker
« on: 17 Nov 2014, 06:27 pm »
Yesterday (a Sunday) I decided to do some gear maintenance and tried to update the software on my DSpeaker 2.0 Dual Core, but something went wrong during the download and my unit was left inoperable.  I emailed support at DSpeaker assuming I might hear back on Monday, but instead within 30 minutes I received a reply from the DSpeaker division head that walked me through a recovery that involved opening the unit and applying a jumper temporarily to two pads.  It worked perfectly and my total downtime was a little over an hour.  Later I looked up the time in Finland and realized it was 11PM on a Sunday there when he responded.  This may have been a canned response he had ready for this type problem, but who cares?  That response time was incredible.

shotoons

Re: Outstanding Customer Service - DSpeaker
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2014, 09:19 pm »
Agree they have very good customer service.  I also tried to update the software and bricked
the new 2012 version I had bought.  After trying a number of things to reset it, including the jumper,
I was unable to recover it to be able to update the software.  I ended up having to pay 200eur (~$260)
to upgrade to the 2013 model.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #2 on: 18 Nov 2014, 09:23 pm »
Yesterday (a Sunday) I decided to do some gear maintenance and tried to update the software on my DSpeaker 2.0 Dual Core, but something went wrong during the download and my unit was left inoperable.  I emailed support at DSpeaker assuming I might hear back on Monday, but instead within 30 minutes I received a reply from the DSpeaker division head that walked me through a recovery that involved opening the unit and applying a jumper temporarily to two pads.  It worked perfectly and my total downtime was a little over an hour.  Later I looked up the time in Finland and realized it was 11PM on a Sunday there when he responded.  This may have been a canned response he had ready for this type problem, but who cares?  That response time was incredible.

Well thats nice to hear they respond to customers as quickly as that!

I've only had mine for a few months now and really like what it does.

Just curious what was the difference in the new update?

shotoons

« Reply #3 on: 19 Nov 2014, 01:16 am »
Very little difference in the 2012 and 2013 models, "The difference is in the maximum analog output and input levels."

The firmware update changes are listed here.

http://www.dspeaker.com/en/products/20-dual-core/firmware-update.shtml

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #4 on: 19 Nov 2014, 02:57 am »
I have yet to see any difference from the update , but I haven't really fooled with it since it was working again.  I am using it on stereo subs and the difference from DSP'ed to not is startling.