Ncore Specs.?

Steidl Guitars

Re: Ncore Specs.?
« Reply #20 on: 14 May 2012, 02:02 am »
I'm building a single box, dual-mono too; I don't know the answer to your first question, but my power supplies are real close. 

Also, if hooked in a dual power supply config. in otherwords with 2 of the SMPS600 to a single IEC cord input what size fuse should be used?

The power supplies are fused, so you don't need another fuse. 

I would like to make use of a Furatech 8 amp slow blow I currently have if possible.

On the power supply, it states "T5AH" next to the fuse, so I suspect the specified fuse is 5 amps. 

undertow

« Reply #21 on: 14 May 2012, 02:02 am »
Cool thanks!

What chassis did you find for your dual mono? What size is it?
I found one pretty nice, but its out of country of course just like the modules, and its about 180.00 U.S. to my door.

Are these already setup for standard 120 volt AC?

Are you guys testing the rectified DC power over to the amp board if so what is it suppose to be and how is it adjusted? Or is this thing pretty much plug and play?

I guess at least from what I am seeing here you don't need to fit a big costly transformer in at least! Everything is done by the SMPS600 board I assume which is why its pretty expensive.

Thanks again

Steidl Guitars

« Reply #22 on: 14 May 2012, 05:51 am »
I bought a Modu Galaxy Maggiorato with a 10 mm face; the box is 80 mm tall, and 230 x 280 mm.  It's nice: 

http://www.eltim.eu/index.php?item=&action=page&group_id=10000131&lang=EN

Here's roughly how they're laid out:

Yes, they can run on either 120 or 220v; plug and play.  The SMPS 600 IS the complete power supply, no need for a toroid, unless you're planning to make your own linear supply.  Love them or hate them, SMPS are sure compact. 

ChrisPa

« Reply #23 on: 14 May 2012, 06:59 am »
There are no recommendations on the distance for module separation. The important bit is internal cable routing (speaking from experience)

There is a fuse on the smps 600 - no additional fuse required

The smps is completely plug and play

undertow

« Reply #24 on: 14 May 2012, 12:34 pm »
Steidl Guitars
Thats a nice case, not sure the exact one you chose. I see the bottom one seems to be the largest and there is one for 39.99 + 5.00 Euros for the same size above it with a black steel cabinet or something and silver faceplate. The more expensive one looks to be the same size, but maybe all aluminum cabinet, but I get 74 euros total for that one once you pick the 280 mm option? By the way does this chassis have any cutouts on the back at all, or is it all just blank?

Thanks guys.
Its a pretty penny for these parts thats for sure, but the ease and clean design might just be worth it, as well as the sound  :thumb:

Steidl Guitars

« Reply #25 on: 14 May 2012, 02:40 pm »
Undertow,

Modu's site is a bit of a challenge; and you're correct, no cut outs in panels for connectors.  In the end, I bought the Modu case (model 1NGXA288) from ELTIM Audio: 

http://www.eltim.eu/index.php?item=electronics-cabinets&action=page&group_id=37&lang=EN

It's easier to see the options, specs, and prices on a pdf they have:

http://www.eltim.eu/data/mediablocks/Modu%20Galaxy%20Maggiorato%20prices-specs.pdf

Another option to consider might be:

http://www.siliconray.com/audio-amateur/enclosure-chasis/re2207l-215x70x308-aluminum-enclosure.html

And finally, cOz, a member here, is planning to have some stereo boxes made; those would already be cut, so would be the easiest alternative. 

Good luck,
Bob

undertow

« Reply #26 on: 14 May 2012, 02:44 pm »
Thanks again, I don't mind cutting not the issue, just was curious as to what was already actually there.

undertow

« Reply #27 on: 14 May 2012, 03:19 pm »
I am going with the one that is wider, about probably 30 bucks more U.S. but thats okay, plenty of space to take advantage of a full shelf, its actually still under a standard 17" wide component, but realistically this makes it a little easier to cut and spread the connections nice on the back with some space for these power supply boards. This is the one I am going with.

MODU Slimline 2U,full aluminium cabinet, 10mm front /piece euro  83.99   euro  83.99
  Frontpanel: 450x95x10mm silver   
  Cabinet depth: 280mm

Steidl Guitars

« Reply #28 on: 14 May 2012, 03:31 pm »
That will work well.  I'm not sure why, but I was determined to build the amp with as small a footprint as I could.   :shake:

undertow

« Reply #29 on: 14 May 2012, 03:38 pm »
Yeah I am not a big "Super compact" fan anyway, this is nice height and width to look nice with other components too... Gives nice space to work these power supplies with good clean distance and connections. Oh well live and learn, Thanks for the tips though.

undertow

« Reply #30 on: 15 May 2012, 01:51 am »
Okay,

« Last Edit: 16 May 2012, 09:28 pm by undertow »