BRYSTON BCD-3 TRAY ERROR.

Mariusz Uszynski

BRYSTON BCD-3 TRAY ERROR.
« on: 13 Sep 2022, 09:14 pm »
Hi guys, I went to change the disc in my BCD-3 this morning, pressed the eject button and received "TRAY ERROR" on display.I have disconnected the player several times (I even disconnected player for 2 hours), still no luck.I'm able to play cd, that is stuck inside, but every time I try to eject it, I get "TRAY ERROR" again and again.Has anybody experienced this, with their BCD-3 player.
Any suggestions???Big thanks in advance.

Mag

Re: BRYSTON BCD-3 TRAY ERROR.
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2022, 06:57 am »
  I don't recall what my issue was but I think it was the same and the display. I played it quite often almost everyday and it finally gave up the ghost before warranty expired. Sent it in for Service and it was repaired no charge except I think I had to pay to ship it.

I use it sparingly now as I'm streaming Amazon HD. IMO it is still the best source that I have, I doctor my recordings and also use it to doctor recordings, it's that good. :smoke:

R. Daneel

« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2022, 02:21 pm »
Mariusz, I think the best course of action is to contact Mike Pickett at Bryston and ask for advice. James Tanner can give you his direct email address.
I haven’t had a Bryston CD player so I can’t be certain but if the machine is playing the disc, then the fault has to lie in the drawer actuation servo. Does the machine make any sounds upon pressing Eject – as if it’s trying to open the drawer, or the message appears out of the blue?
Cheers – Antun

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2022, 02:33 pm »
Mariusz, I think the best course of action is to contact Mike Pickett at Bryston and ask for advice. James Tanner can give you his direct email address.
I haven’t had a Bryston CD player so I can’t be certain but if the machine is playing the disc, then the fault has to lie in the drawer actuation servo. Does the machine make any sounds upon pressing Eject – as if it’s trying to open the drawer, or the message appears out of the blue?
Cheers – Antun

No sound upon pressing eject.I just hope it's software, nothing serious.I called these guys few times, lady at the front desk took my phone # and e-mail, I contacted my dealer.Hopely, today l'll know more.I'm hoping, they can fix software remotely, my player is hooked up to internet.Oh, the message apears, whenever I press "eject", after that I have to turn it off.Thanks fot the help.