Hello from Montreal!

Montreal_Jazz

Hello from Montreal!
« on: 27 Nov 2021, 08:16 pm »
Good afternoon,

John here looking to improve its DIY for crossover and new speaker project. I just discovered from Danny @ GR reasearch, great site btw!  :D

Phil A

Re: Hello from Montreal!
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2021, 10:11 pm »
Welcome!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 28 Nov 2021, 12:11 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC John   :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 28 Nov 2021, 12:11 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

Montreal_Jazz

« Reply #4 on: 28 Nov 2021, 02:02 pm »
Thanks guys!
Wow, I have been lurking through the site and its impressive. I’ve been doing woodworking for a while and somehow got tired of doing the obvious furniture stuff.
Couple months back I had a pair of speaker that was in need of some love and decided to open the thing and realized that some caps change were in order…While at it, it surely could be improved…One thing led to another I redesigned the shop to have a decent soldering station so I could do cables and simple stuff and then…listened to Danny on YT talking about speakers and xovers…

Well I’ll trying my hands at some speakers after the crazy season! You guys have so many build pictures it insane. Very happy to have find like minded people!  :D

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 28 Nov 2021, 04:21 pm »
John one simple thing that you can do that no one speaker builder do is round the corners inside the box.

Montreal_Jazz

« Reply #6 on: 28 Nov 2021, 05:59 pm »
Great tips! 🤔 Do you mind explaining why? Analogy for « cutting corners »? maybe I’m too much of a geek 😂🤣

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 28 Nov 2021, 08:55 pm »
If you can bent p ly wood use cylinder enclosure,  usually know in automotive sound as bazooca.