Caring For Our Speakers

catluck

Caring For Our Speakers
« on: 26 Oct 2021, 10:38 pm »
OK, so how are we supposed to care for the wood veneers? How to apply, even if just a cloth dampened with wood conditioner, without staining fabric covers on the bass drivers? The tweeter plate?  What product(s) does Clayton suggest we use?  I purchased a 3" paint brush which I use by lightly sweeping across the face of the front baffle including the tweet and bass drivers.  Works great to remove dust.  But as to protecting the wood veneer? Recommendations ladies and gentlemen?

Mr. Big

Re: Caring For Our Speakers
« Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2021, 11:13 pm »
Good of fashion wax. Dusting brush for the backside, I also use Murphy Oil soap for a quick wipe down on the speakers and my gear just a damp rag will do. 

Spatial Audio

« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2021, 02:09 am »
Since the finish is a poly coat type, it is pretty durable and wax is fine. But with a poly coat, we prefer to do a simple wipe down using a soft cloth and Mothers Showtime finishing polish spray. Get it on Amazon. Easy to apply and does not leave residue. You can use it on metal as well. That is how we prepare the speakers for packing when they come out of QC. Love this stuff and it smells like cinnamon. And, as Catluck sez, get a 3 inch wide paint brush for dusting the back and all your electronics. Good to go.

Clayton

catluck

« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2021, 01:44 pm »
Senator Shaw,
Thanks so much for weighing in and will do.  IF ever there was a gift that keeps on giving it's these M3's. Take care and thanks to all at Spatial.

Jprod

« Reply #4 on: 31 Oct 2021, 11:04 am »
Is the mothers good for ultralam and the black sub baffle as well ?