The Definitive Interview with Clayton Shaw

Spatial Audio

The Definitive Interview with Clayton Shaw
« on: 8 Nov 2021, 07:55 pm »
Hey guys - Jason did a good job with this video interview for his channel. Hopefully you will enjoy it, as I tried to cover some early history and thoughts on design methodology among other topics:

Clayton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SProD8F8LZc&t=1230s

TomS

Re: The Definitive Interview with Clayton Shaw
« Reply #1 on: 8 Nov 2021, 08:12 pm »
Really enjoyed the interview and glad to hear you and the company are doing so well  :thumb:

dallaire1

« Reply #2 on: 8 Nov 2021, 08:48 pm »
Been watching as time permits, half way through, VERY interesting and informative so far. Your living my dream life Clayton ! good for you man !!  :thumb:

foo_me

« Reply #3 on: 11 Nov 2021, 08:06 am »
Very enjoyable interview! As I wait for my X5s to be ready, it’s really nice to fill the time to learn the man, the business, and especially the speakers. And I really agree with his closing remarks about this being a hobby and to just enjoy it and not get so adversarial. Great job Clayton!

franSSS

« Reply #4 on: 11 Nov 2021, 01:58 pm »
One hour and 10 min into the video and still enjoying it.

As end consumers we do not always value the time and passion people put into their product. For us it is just an outstanding speaker to buy. For them? It is like a personal piece or an extension of themselves. Nice to see how he gives credit to the ones due.

Still waiting for my M4's to go into production since they will be a special color. Hopefully by now they have received my color sample.

In the meantime i will carry on watching the rest of the video. :-) :popcorn:

dallaire1

« Reply #5 on: 14 Nov 2021, 11:13 am »
Really good interview, very insightful ! Glad to hear things are ramping up for Spatial Audio !!👍

catluck

« Reply #6 on: 17 Nov 2021, 03:19 pm »
I don't know which I found more rewarding: the inside dish on SA or the humanizing details of Clayton's life.  Of course, it's always a blessing to have someone to nurse your psychiatric ups/downs when starting a new enterprise.  And, for those of us who have endured our children's existential confrontations, well, it provides another level of "bonding."  Admittedly, I'm not saddened to hear Clayton indicate that the M3 is about as far as he can go with this platform until driver technology advances.  Hooray for us!  Listening to Miles D., just sitting and marinating in dopamine.  It's funny how I almost want those of us who have discovered SA to be part of the "elect."  You know, we hold a secret.... But, in truth, I'd rather see Clayton rewarded for his efforts.  I've said it before, these speaks are a gift.