M3 Sapphires After 8 Months of use

Grahamps

Re: M3 Sapphires After 8 Months of use
« Reply #20 on: 1 Jul 2021, 12:52 am »
I purchased the Herbie's Cone/Spike Decoupling Glider in titanium and Grungebuster Washers (plus a slew of other Herbie's items). On my wood floor, with the decoupling glider, I am able to make impossibly small moves, and the M3's are really tame when I adjust their sound performance. Micro-movements make meaningful differences in sound quality, but the speakers never misbehave. Looking at the image, I am reminded that I used the Herbie's washers when I connected the baffle to the base!

The Herbie's bits let me "roll my own" performance a teensy, tweaky bit while still preserving the factory aesthetic.

P.S. no, I haven't compared before and after... the amount of labor to install these washers, essentially building the speaker from its delivered form, wasn't worth undoing.

franSSS

« Reply #21 on: 1 Jul 2021, 06:54 am »
I purchased the Herbie's Cone/Spike Decoupling Glider in titanium and Grungebuster Washers (plus a slew of other Herbie's items). On my wood floor, with the decoupling glider, I am able to make impossibly small moves, and the M3's are really tame when I adjust their sound performance. Micro-movements make meaningful differences in sound quality, but the speakers never misbehave. Looking at the image, I am reminded that I used the Herbie's washers when I connected the baffle to the base!

The Herbie's bits let me "roll my own" performance a teensy, tweaky bit while still preserving the factory aesthetic.

P.S. no, I haven't compared before and after... the amount of labor to install these washers, essentially building the speaker from its delivered form, wasn't worth undoing.

I too recently got a slew of Herbie's Products. Clearly makes a difference. I have tile floors so i am keen to see how the the Titanium Sliders will do on the Spatial's with tile floors.

Anyone here used the Titanium Sliders on Tile floors? How did it add, change, subtract from the sound?

Grahamps

« Reply #22 on: 1 Jul 2021, 02:19 pm »
How did it add, change, subtract from the sound?
fran,

My advice is to incorporate the sliders and move forward with your tuning and listening. If you have a collection of floor protectors, okay, experiment. If you only have, or purchase, the titanium sliders, then you get the sound-related material benefits, the functionality of the slide-ability, and a consistent surface that you won't mar when you move your speakers. One thing they'll easily allow for is tiny movements in the 1/8", 1/16" and mm increments, which is my preference; I like to hear what 20 positions within an inch do, and it gives me tight control over positioning and sound quality.

I might have 100+ tweaks in my system, so can't/won't be A/B-ing every incorporation I try. Rather, I've futzed around with tweaking to have some sense of what the impact might be, and then I tune their placement or decide where I would like to use them. They've rarely done me wrong, especially if I will make a few adjustments with listening and rationale as a guide.

I came back to the forum, after just enjoying my M3 Sapphires for the comparable 8 months noted in this thread, to share my experience owning M3 Sapphires. I was going to, or will, make my own thread entry, to try and add my ownership and listening angle for researchers to take into account on their quest. What I will say is that the M3's are very special. I've setup hundreds of stereos and have oodles of experience hearing deep details in recordings. The M3's are a statement level speaker, and are an amazing music-lens to hear and see my music through.

Desertpilot

• Retired
« Reply #23 on: 1 Jul 2021, 02:48 pm »

I came back to the forum, after just enjoying my M3 Sapphires for the comparable 8 months noted in this thread, to share my experience owning M3 Sapphires. I was going to, or will, make my own thread entry, to try and add my ownership ...

Please do begin your own ownership thread.  We need more owners to offer their insights.  It helps all of us who may have missed a tweak or setting.

Thanks!
Marcus

franSSS

« Reply #24 on: 2 Jul 2021, 02:49 pm »
fran,

My advice is to incorporate the sliders and move forward with your tuning and listening. If you have a collection of floor protectors, okay, experiment. If you only have, or purchase, the titanium sliders, then you get the sound-related material benefits, the functionality of the slide-ability, and a consistent surface that you won't mar when you move your speakers. One thing they'll easily allow for is tiny movements in the 1/8", 1/16" and mm increments, which is my preference; I like to hear what 20 positions within an inch do, and it gives me tight control over positioning and sound quality.

I might have 100+ tweaks in my system, so can't/won't be A/B-ing every incorporation I try. Rather, I've futzed around with tweaking to have some sense of what the impact might be, and then I tune their placement or decide where I would like to use them. They've rarely done me wrong, especially if I will make a few adjustments with listening and rationale as a guide.

I came back to the forum, after just enjoying my M3 Sapphires for the comparable 8 months noted in this thread, to share my experience owning M3 Sapphires. I was going to, or will, make my own thread entry, to try and add my ownership and listening angle for researchers to take into account on their quest. What I will say is that the M3's are very special. I've setup hundreds of stereos and have oodles of experience hearing deep details in recordings. The M3's are a statement level speaker, and are an amazing music-lens to hear and see my music through.

Thank you most kindly for taking the time to do such a lengthy reply. Most appreciated.

Great Gear at such a "decent Price" need to get their praises sung. Esp since the distributor/manufacturer did within a reasonable price range. Many many reviewers have stated the Sapphires are a bargain at their price.  This leads me to believe the manufacturer has dealt with his clients "fairly to a large extent". Those whom benefit from a Fair Manufacturer do well to "punt" a kind manufacturer in return for their kindness displayed. Everyone can charge what they want for an item from 1usd to 10 000 000 or more. However, The Questions begs, is the price morally justifiable? Or is it based on greed. Yep, i know people need to make money. I want them to make money, otherwise we will have inferior products. But plain ripping people off? Not is not one.

I am really looking forward to reading your review and findings.