What are your speaker cables?

sunnydaze

Re: What are your speaker cables?
« Reply #100 on: 30 Aug 2021, 05:44 pm »
I got my wire from Parts Connexion. I looked back through my old email receipts to see what I had purchased, how much, and what it cost.

I got 12 meters(36 feet) of DCA16GA. It looks like it cost closer to $150 then. That made for a pair of ~8 foot DIY speaker cables allowing for twisting each pair. You will need to figure out the lenght from your amp to your speaker and multiply that by 4 to get the amount that you need. Remember that they are in Canada and use meters. If you make them yourself you will probably twist the pair so add on some extra lenght for that. I use bare wire at each end.

Looks like they now sell premade cables at custom lengths and with a Techflex sheath. The pre-made cables come in 12 and 20 gauge. 12 for speakers and I assume 20 for interconnects. I use have been using Duelund for my interconnects also.

In the past few months I bought enough of this Duelund 16 gauge cable to make 3 pair of single wire SC: 16ft, 12ft and 8ft.

Bought it used from hobbiests.  Watch the marketplaces for guys that buy in bulk for projects, then sell what they don't need cheap.  I paid only $1.75 per ft.  Works great on every speaker I've put them on:  Sunny H2W10, Klipsch Forte IV,  JM Reynaud Twins, Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary.  Sorry, can't comment on their performance into Spatial.  Hopefully some day!     :thumb:

I too use bare wire ends.

dallaire1

Re: What are your speaker cables?
« Reply #101 on: 20 Sep 2021, 04:12 pm »
GR Research 24 strand DIY with spades.