Mac mini & Panasonic SA-XR700 audio

$.02

Mac mini & Panasonic SA-XR700 audio
« on: 21 Jul 2019, 06:51 pm »
Hello, there.

I'm a newbie, here, but this site sure looks similar to one that I used to belong, long ago.

For my listening room and my recording studio, I use Panasonic SA-XR digital receivers to drive my monitors. I use Stage Accompany monitors for far field, Kef's for near field, each biamped with an SA-XR700. For both my listening room and studio, I use hot-rodded Mac minis. I've known Eric Hider(Mac Mini expert) for over 40 years. He's been a huge help.

Has anyone done a deep dive on setting up the ultimate, purely digital, audio path from an early 2012 Mac mini to a Panasonic SA-XR700/57/70? Is I2S even possible? I'd like to hear more about every connection combination possible between the two. I'm looking forward to any advice and if there is a dedicated forum to which I should try posting, please let me know.

Thanks,
$.02

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Mac mini & Panasonic SA-XR700 audio
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2019, 09:25 pm »
Welcome $.02 :thumb:
There is the Discless Circle:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=133.0

Blackmore

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2019, 10:20 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle.

fredgarvin

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2019, 02:02 am »
those Panasonic Xr receivers run under the radar because they inexplicably closed them out. For HT I think they are brilliant and I love that the pure digital architecture requires no dac but that they convert to pcm right at the inputs. At one time they were flavor of the day here as so many things have been.

ntjetsmoke

« Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2019, 02:30 am »
Welcome to the AC!

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 22 Jul 2019, 02:11 pm »
Welcome!