HELP! 4B3 won’t play

Twiga

HELP! 4B3 won’t play
« on: 17 Nov 2023, 06:20 pm »
:scratch: This morning, I was loading some new purchases into the BDP-3, so I had everything on but the power amp. When I went to listen to the new additions (after doing an Update), I turned the 4B3 on, and the LEDs in the front came on and turned to green as expected. However, there was no sound! I checked the BP26 headphone jack and there was music coming through the headphones. So the problem seems to be either the amp or the speakers.

I checked the 4B3 manual and under Section 8.Master Circuit Breaker, it suggests “Should the breaker trip, or switch “OFF”, lower or remove the amplifier input signals. Remove the AC power by disconnecting the power cord from the amplifier for 20 seconds. Switch the breaker to the “ON” position. Reconnect the power cord, then power the unit up normally.” I did all of that and noticed that the Power Status Indicator (11) is now flashing RED! The manual says that it should initially flash GREEN and then " the LED turns red indicating power is present”.

I have checked the circuit breaker for that circuit and there doesn’t seem to be any issue with that. I have repeated the above sequence several times, but the LED status indicator on the back continues to flash RED. I have pulled the power cord (on my wife’s suggestion) to “give it a rest”. I can’t think of anything else to try. I have checked the manual and don’t see any explanation of a flashing RED status LED on the back panel.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be the problem and what else I might try?

All suggestions appreciated. :scratch:

Twiga

Re: HELP! 4B3 won’t play
« Reply #1 on: 17 Nov 2023, 08:28 pm »
Forget my previous msg as the problem has been solved. Either my wife’s suggestion of “letting it rest” worked or maybe it was because I had the circuit breaker in the Off position when I plugged the power cord in. In any case, I can listen to my new music and am happy about that.

The 4B3 manual is somewhat unclear about this and it would be helpful, if it mentioned the situation where the status LED on the back is flashing and what to do about it.
 :P

alanford69

Re: HELP! 4B3 won’t play
« Reply #2 on: 18 Nov 2023, 03:01 pm »
I never understood what the circuit breaker does and when it is needed to switch it off 😅