Any Spatial users in VA or NC?

Shakeydeal

Any Spatial users in VA or NC?
« on: 29 Jul 2019, 11:16 am »
I am considering a pair of X-3s but have never heard any of the Spatial offerings. I have owned OB speakers before (GR Research Super V) and am now enjoying horns. Is there anyone within a 2 hour drive of Lynchburg Va. who would be willing to let me hear any of Claytons designs? I would of course spring for adult beverages and/or lunch.

Thanks in advance

Shakey

Wind Chaser

Re: Any Spatial users in VA or NC?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2019, 03:15 pm »
You can't learn anything about a Corvette by taking a Camaro for a test drive, even though they are made by the same company. I think Clayton would very much agree with that analogy, nonetheless hopefully there is (or soon will be) someone in your area with an X Class product.  :wink:

Shakeydeal

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jul 2019, 03:26 pm »
Well I certainly wouldn't make a judgement by that audition alone. But it would let me know if I'm going in the right direction. Then the leap of faith is not so great.

It's like driving a base corvette to determine if you would like a Z06. If you like that car, the fun factor is only going to go up in the better car.

Shakey

Wind Chaser

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jul 2019, 04:29 pm »
It's like driving a base corvette to determine if you would like a Z06. If you like that car, the fun factor is only going to go up in the better car.

Nope. The Camaro vs. Corvette comparison is far more accurate, not just with respect to the difference in price but performance too. Clayton had previously commented on the vast superiority of the new X models over everything in the M series. Give him a call, he'll be happy to chat with you personally over the phone.