$14 Headphones really surprised me.....JVC HARX300

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
$14 Headphones really surprised me.....JVC HARX300
« on: 20 Dec 2011, 02:01 pm »
The other day I was bored and checking out some online retailers and found these JVC HARX300 Full size over the ear headphones and decided to check them out.
Lots of plastic, extremely light in weight and A++ for comfort, the sound for that dollar figure was way, way out in front of that.
  These easily sound as good as my Ultrasone OZMA headphones I used to have. I found them to be pretty balanced for me, nothing scalding hot on top and good low end that you may need to adjust depending on your thing. I was pleasantly surprised. $14 Stocking stuffer I'd get for my kids or friends in a heartbeat.
 Check them out.....

:dance: :dance:

DeadFish

Re: $14 Headphones really surprised me.....JVC HARX300
« Reply #1 on: 20 Dec 2011, 02:22 pm »
Hey Now! Thanks a lot!
Since I got 'sick' and retired, I've spent a lot of bedtime with a laptop and between that and my Bottlehead SEX amp, this might be just the DeadFish Christmas present, fitting as it were right in my cheap-ass economy.
Time to go shopping! 
Mucho Obligo!
 :D
Best Regards
DeadFish

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 20 Dec 2011, 02:55 pm »
Deadfish I'm told the model line HARX???, are all good if you have a bit more loot buy the highest model number in that series. The guys at Head-fi rave about them...Happy Holidays!!!! :thumb:

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #3 on: 22 Dec 2011, 11:35 pm »
Agreed. Jvc RX line rocks! i owned the 700's.

DeadFish

« Reply #4 on: 23 Dec 2011, 12:04 am »
Mine are 'on  the way' being backordered this time of year.  Coulda got better, but chemo seems to have wrecked my left ear, so we'll see how they sound before making much better investment.
Thanks for the tips guys!
DeadFish

Wig

« Reply #5 on: 23 Dec 2011, 12:11 am »
I bought a pair of AKG k271 MKII and they were terrible, like my grado SR80 better. May look into the Shure 840/940 model I believe to replace the Grado 80, any suggestions in the $200 range?

Wig

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 23 Dec 2011, 03:58 am »
Wig....open headphones?? On-Ear? Whats your pick, I think the Grado's are considered open....check out headroom.com they do a great job at rating headphones, picking within a budget...check it out...I'll get a list of what I heard was good for you in that range......Happy Holidays...this time of year sales are everywhere but be careful that the advertised "low.low" price is't the normal MSRP...that happens alot I'm finding.

Wig

« Reply #7 on: 23 Dec 2011, 04:42 am »
Over the ear headphone and I listen on to classical to include violin, acoustic guitar and cello mostly.

Thanks,
Wig

DeadFish

« Reply #8 on: 27 Dec 2011, 11:44 pm »
Got my headphones today, btw.   Sounding great outa the laptop.  Further testing later on the Bottlehead amp.
Again, thanks for the heads-up!  I'm groovin'!

Best Regards,
Bill

tabrink

• lake life is good
« Reply #9 on: 28 Dec 2011, 12:32 am »
Yup.. :violin:
The JVC HA RX line have always been sleepers for almost free.   :sleep:
Some of the Japan "Victor" models will really impress for little money!
I travel extensively (over 100 flights this year) and thank you Southwest for Companion Pass and use the JVC HA NC 250 noise cancelers almost daily on noisy flights.
Check out the Sennheiser HD 202 if you listen via iPod or phone, or at your desk computer at work  for a pretty sensational sound for merely $17 bucks.
The best deals can be had on Amazon when you look for Amazon approved refurb sellers.
I got my $199 HA NC 250 travel cans for $79 and they came in full factory packing.
All the best,
Tom