Coming soon! and Now Being Enjoyed!

djbnh

Coming soon! and Now Being Enjoyed!
« on: 13 Mar 2024, 05:41 pm »
Pure Fidelity Harmony being set up now, with Hana Umami Red cartridge on Illustrious SE tonearm

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:20 pm by djbnh »

TomS

Re: Coming soon!
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2024, 05:59 pm »
Wow, that's going to be a killer setup. Congrats!

Blackmore

« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2024, 12:07 am »
Really beautiful table and arm. Be sure to post some impressions and more pictures of that table. Wow!

djbnh

« Reply #3 on: 2 May 2024, 09:03 pm »
So I've been running our Pure Fidelity Harmony turntable plus the Hana Umami Red cartridge on Origin Live Illustrious SE tonearm combination for a bit, with MC resistance = 200ohm re: MAC7200 MC section. We've a dedicated audio room, two dedicated 20A circuits (one for analog, the other is for digital), Qualio IQ speakers, Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC, NuPrime CDT-10 transport, tied together with a very nice Allnic cable loom.

When we got the vinyl items (already assembled from the dealer), we carefully placed the gear in our audio rack and made the relevant wiring / cable hookups. Warning - the Pure Fidelity Harmony turntable has some serious weight to it. Then we ran the Cardas Sweep and Burn album tracks specifically designed for burn in, about 30 minutes each track. The Cardas album also has 33 1/3/60Hz & 45/60Hz strobe circles, so subsequent to running the burn in tracks, the Pure Fidelity's Speed Control made it a cinch to dial in perfect speeds for each setting - nice!

Since then we've been cleaning records with a Degritter Mark II and listening with huge smiles on our faces. Jaw dropping performance, and the cart / cables aren't anywhere near to burn in. Beautiful soundstage, imaging, detail and detail retrieval including low level, high level performance all around. It's a special combination, and it may suit some budgets as being much friendlier than other, much more expensive vinyl rigs. I'm not saying it wasn't an investment; however, for the cost I'm unsure how to better the combination's performance near it's price point. We feel blessed to enjoy this combination now and into the future.

Big shout out to my wife who wholeheartedly agreed with purchasing the TT, tonearm, cartridge, dust cover, Degritter, etc. What a blessing!

Happy listening!
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:27 am by djbnh »

js1955

« Reply #4 on: 2 May 2024, 09:50 pm »
Beautiful setup!   Enjoy!!    :thumb:

My OL setup is the Encounter arm (one model down from yours), and the Aurora table (entry model in the OL line-up).
I also use an OL Silver arm on my Townshend Rock table.

OL makes excellent stuff that more than competes at its price points.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 03:56 am »
Simply lovely, and obviously sounds as good as it looks. Congrats   :thumb:

djbnh

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 04:26 am »
Some information on what mods Pure Fidelity had Origin do on the Origin Live Illustrious Mk4 tonearm to bring it to the the Pure Fidelity SE iteration. Yes, it includes other basic ad copy related to the Mk4 model. We can attest to the tonearm's musicality, dynamics, and low end power even without full burn-in.

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
Re: Coming soon! and Now Being Enjoyed!
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 08:48 pm »
A TT that alwasy interested me, made across the straight in Vancouver.

The arms are supposed ot be very good, but are kinda ugly TMM.

dave